Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

[AW] Uneventful Days

All welcome thread

SellyMoony

Xena-Avvie.png

Her pace was rather sluggish as she moved through the jungle like terrain. Such an uneventful evening it was. The last several years had been rather uneventful in truth. She felt like she was being smothered. Lengthy banner swept over the ground as she walked. Maybe she'd find Beroe. Crown lifted only slightly as she turned with her destination set. It didn't take her long to reach a small river. She emerged from the brush giving a quick glance around. 'Just where are you hiding today?' she wondered before sitting down in the shade against a tree overlooking the river, which was her normal spot. This was about the prime time the Kingfisher usually did his hunting.

Letting her form slide to the ground, she let her orbs close as she simply waited. It wasn't long before and evident splash sounded followed by water spraying on her face. Xena lifted her head quickly, a growl sounding from her but then spotted the colorful companion she had grown fond of. 'Well that was rude' she sat up as the bird flapped to a branch above her. Wings stretched outwards as she shifted. With a sigh she lifted a hand waving slightly and Beroe swooped down as she let her wings settle back to her sides. "And what have you been up to?" her soft vocals came out as her friend settled upon her teal and cream ombre dress. Pale hand moved to brush over the bird's body. He nipped at her finger slightly in greeting and she slightly hissed moving her hand away before chuckling. "I know it's been a few days. I'm sorry."

hibernal.artio

{ Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo - Virgil }
U M B R E N I A
A folded list was held open between her index finger and thumb. Crouched in the underbrush, Umbrenia read the words on the parchment in her mind: silphium, thyme, rosemary. Her left hand caressed a nearby bush. She sought only to disturb the native area for a few hours of gathering. Her goal was to gather some plant clippings in addition to her normal herb gathering. Venturing out to find plants was one task, growing her own at her convenience was another. She preferred to grow her herbs to save time in the future. Clientele can be finicky when tonics are not received on time. Attitudes are worse if a nearby town or business has agreed to barter. To help the poor receive goods they need, she would offer her services and tonics. Time equaled money after all. She folded the paper and placed it in her herb pouch. It was time to press on. None of the herbs she was looking for were in the area she was. However, it was a pleasant distraction. She pursed her lips in attempt to produce saliva. Thirst was beginning to grip her.

Opting for a faster route, Umbrenia shifted to her wolf form. Her gold necklace and bracelets remained on her furry arms. For a moment, she stretched her wings up. Every now and again she did this to avoid cramping. While she did this, she pointed her nose in a semi-circular motion, attempting to pin-point a water source. Ah! Found it. Folding her wings close to her body, she raced through the brush toward the scent.

She slowed as she approached the water. Her nostrils caught the scent of another nearby before she returned to her humanoid form. A long off-white toga with silver trimming covered the majority of her skin. Her necklace dangled over the toga, tapping her chest as she moved. She crouched by the river. Even when not in wolf form the smell of the lake was pleasant. She pulled her small herb mixing bowl and used it to scoop water. She was on her second or third scoop when a voice penetrated the air. She must have forgotten the scent she took in, as the voice startled her. Her body jumped causing the stone and clay bowl to make an audible plop into the water. Umbrenia recovered the bowl, shaking it to dry it quickly, and stood.

"Hello...?"
She allowed the air to carry her dainty questioning voice.

SellyMoony

Xena-Avvie.png

With a content sigh, she let her crown rest against the tree as she shut her eyes carefully running a hand over Beroe as her eyes closed. For a bit all was quiet with the water gently rolling nearby. That was till Beroe shuffled in her lap as a voice sauntered through the air. Xena opened an eye, unconcerned that someone was around. Her head lowered slightly as she let her sapphire green orb take in a woman. The shadows about the edges of the trees almost scurrying about excited. Beroe quickly took flight from his spot upon her lap and circled above the woman briefly letting out a screech. Xena cringed slightly. "Yes, yes. I can see her Beroe. Do leave her be." she spoke as to chastise the bird. Could she really even call him such though, when he let out a sound such as that?

Opening her other eye, she lifted her arm waving towards him and took to a branch. She then returned her gaze to the woman momentarily, looking her over almost curiously before offering and apologetic smirk. "Didn't mean to startle you, dear. And do forgive my friend there. He often gets excited when others are around." she offered out. Sometimes she felt like the only Himnar that roamed the Wilds but mostly her people stayed within the city. "Enjoying the evening?" she asked letting her head rest back against the tree closing her eyes once more as a beam of sunlight hit her face.

hibernal.artio

U M B R E N I A

What the...? Her thoughts trailed as a bird appeared. She swiftly covered her ears at the screech. What a creature! Shaking off the event, she turned her sight to the trees. It was then she noticed the femme against the tree. The blue against pale skin stuck out to her. Umbrenia listened as the lady spoke. "No harm. No foul. Interesting creature, your bird." She fully faced the other but did not approach. She would not unless asked.

Feeling the strain on her body, she relaxed her wings. It was that time to give them a stretch before pinning them to her back. "Ah, yes. I am enjoying the evening." She looked away for a moment before continuing. "I'm seeking a few plants and herbs. I'd like to start a garden. Would you happen to know where silphium is?" Unsure of how the conversation would turn, she remained in her stance. She fiddled with her pack for a moment before returning her hands to her sides.

SellyMoony

Xena-Avvie.png

The woman slightly moved her head to open an optic as the other spoke and she gave a slight smirk, "Yes, found him one day in sore state. And he's been with me ever since despite trying to get rid of him." It was funny how she kept the company of such a bird. Most wouldn't think twice of having such as a pet. Beroe had a mind of his own and was nowhere near a pet. He could come and go as he pleased just as she could. She glanced over towards him as he shuffled his feathers looking toward the water before moving to dive into the water with a clean splash. A moment later he resurfaced with a nice sized fish within his grasp.

Attention went back to the woman noticing her relax a bit. Oh yes, that was hard for others to do around her. Xena had a 'shadow' so to say about her where others were normally a bit uneasy whether they were strangers or friend. It wasn't something she could turn off. So she was looking for herbs and plants for a garden. She looked up towards the sky, it'd be dark soon though. Thinking for a moment if she had heard the name of what the woman was looking for, she began to move, one wing being adjusted to help lift her frame. She stood alongside the tree for balance, "Can't say that I have seen silphium before, but there is a lake a bit of ways upstream. If it grows near a large amount of water, maybe it's there?" she spoke stretching her arms upwards. "I can take you, if you'd like. It'll be dark soon anyway." Seeing in dark areas was more easier than seeing things throughout the day which was why she preferred to travel in the evening and at night.

hibernal.artio

U M B R E N I A
Was that so? She turned her eyes to the sky. Indeed, nightfall would arrive soon. Too soon. Umbrenia turned her eyes back to the femme just in time to see her prop herself with her wing. It made her smile. It was like an unspoken friendship to her. Such an innocent thought. She tried to keep them intact. "I would certainly enjoy your company." She curtsied. To her it was a gesture of thanks. Her heart aflutter with happiness. Wait. That was her wings stretching and shaking; her normal way of saying she had them close to her for too long. "I'm ready when you are." She nodded and began to move, following the path up stream.

"I apologize, it's rude of me not to introduce myself. I am Umbrenia." She paused for a moment to listen. She continued, "I'm a healer, among other things depending upon whom you ask. Potions, tonics, all sorts of healing paraphernalia are part of my position." While not normally a fan of knowledge dumping, she figured it may help the situation. Give more information about herself in an attempt to assist the other in opening up. It doesn't always work, and she acknowledged that, but she would continue to attempt to figure it out. As she traveled, she looked for herbs. At intervals, she would stoop down to pick an herb, a weed, whatever it happened to be and set it inside her pouch. Sometimes she would smile or smirk and other times she would sigh.

SellyMoony

Xena-Avvie.png

Xena Kismet
Northwest of Aramoor along river

Lowering her arms again she shifted her wait to turn towards the woman who agreed to have her as company. Xena nodded back in reply before following after her, she paused briefly looking towards Beroe who seemed to fancy cleaning his beak off at the moment. "Coming along?" she asked raising and arm slightly to which he eyed her for a moment before removing himself from his perch and diving over to land on her arm briefly before taking flight again and circling above the two as they moved. "I apologize, it's rude of me not to introduce myself. I am Umbrenia." she heard next as she moved.

She smirked and replied with a welcoming tone, "Xena" before Umbrenia continued that she was a healer. Figures that she'd be. Xena's head tilted slightly, "And you're way out here instead of Aramoor?" It was rare to see a healer look for their own herbs, normally they had an apprentice to seek out what they needed. A chuckle left her now, "Can't say I hold a high position in our 'lovely' society. I prefer to travel than sit in one place." It had been quite some time since she last moved though. She preferred the mountain view.