Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

[P] To the Inevitable

Private thread

SellyMoony

Isias-Manip.png

*very edge of the jungle*​

It was bound to happen, after spending so long away from here. A dark form moved through the summer night quietly. Piercing sapphire blue orbs stood out in the darkness of the moon that shone from above. It had been so long as she paced on the outer edge of the jungle. If she listened closely, she could hear the all too familiar sounds of the creatures within. Slender banner brushed over the ground before she moved to sit by a straggling bush. 'Way too long' she thought to herself as she scanned into the darkness of the jungle. And yet it was funny, the female had so readily, so easily left the very place she called Home. Without a second thought did she think anyone would care though. Their were certain rules within her family. One she had not truly understood until she had journeyed back.

Ears rotated as she caught a twig snapping off to her right. A breath caught momentarily in her throat as she looked over calmly. At first she saw nothing but after staring into the darkness glowing eyes opened and a form slowly emerged. Isias stood as the form approached boldly before pausing a bit in front of her. She knew the creature well enough. Tigers. They were one of the few large beasts that had roamed the jungle amongst her people. The big cat simply stared her down, and after a moment, Isias lowered her own gaze. It knew that she'd give its respect. She'd been a fool to not to. A sort of groan made her look back up and the tigress had flattened her ears briefly before making her way back into the jungle.

Isias sighed, somewhat relieved before relaxing again and sitting down turning away from what used to be her home. What had she hoped for anyway if she came back? Not a warm welcome, that was a definite no. A certain face...perhaps? The tip of her tail flicked as she looked up to the starry sky and she simply sat quietly, ears moving to catch sounds behind her. No doubt she was not welcome, the tigress moments before had indicated it. She knew that, but she was here now. Might as well wait to see what or who would come along. Not like she had to rush back to anyone else. Her winged 'sister' had gone from sight and Isias could only hope that she was well and safe. Not to mention, Calix. He had disappeared himself throughout the winter. Looks like they had grown apart after all. A soft grunt left her as she shifted, moving to sit cross-legged.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

dc08qn3-0648b92f-dce1-46e7-bac9-643f8e7f4adf.png

Torao Branimir;
Outskirts of Nainital

Heavy foot falls pressed into cool soil, Nainital's humid rich atmosphere was something of perfection to him. Hot and miserable as it was to most creatures, he loved the thick heavy air. Large feet, which were more equivalent to that of a tigers than any sort of canine would splay under the shear weight of the male. His feline like torso swaying and shifting through the dense jungles, shouldering large ferns gently as he passed. The day was coming to an end, the musky tones of nightfall beginning to encompass the land. The jungle; alive as ever chirped and chattered with noises of the other animals - the nocturnal ones that were beginning to stir as their sun rose.
The male only huffed, keen blue eyes sharp as sapphire peering through thick foliage. Torao was on one of his patrols, nothing special for this time of day, he did them periodically throughout the day and usually finished with one late at night. Some times sleeping high in the trees; and others returning home before waking to do it all again. His work was about the only thing he took seriously.

As nightfall swept to encompass the land completely, Torao's ears would twitch long elvish audits flickering forward as the sound of motion caught his focus. The brute paused in his steps observing quietly as the large feline sauntered passed him, her bright purples igniting the jungle in a beautiful glow, her eyes cast up to him briefly in acknowledgement to which Torao only dipped his head politely to the daughter of Ixchel who moved on quietly after that.

The mans focus turned to the outskirts of the jungle, continuing on his patrol without much thought on the matter. He pressed on, until a particular scent flooded his nostrils; a familiar one. Well well, look who finally decided to come crawling home. He couldn't help the rush of air that pushed through his nose, ears twisting back against his crown tucking on either side of vibrant blue mohawk. The brute lowered his head, falling into more of a stalking position he crept along the jungle's floor tucking beneath dense foliage damp leaves thick with dew caressing over his spine. Nose pushed through the trees silently as he edged along Nainitals borders, spotting her there Torao straightened himself rising up to his full height he only observed - before finally shifting back.

"Well well, look who's finally come crawling back" he rumbled teasing Isias, with a soft chuckle as he back fell against a thick Kapok tree, crossing his arms tightly against his chest. "Was it not all it was chalked up to be after all?" he inquired, with a quirk of his brow, an amuse smirk touching his lips.

SellyMoony

Isias-Manip.png

After gazing up into the sky for a bit, she let her eyes close but she wasn't asleep. Simply, listening. She often passed the time just lazing around some days. "Well well, look who's finally come crawling back" she heard an all too familiar voice. Her eyes opened slowly before she glanced back seeing the tall male leaning back against one of the trees. "Was it not all it was chalked up to be after all?" she heard next and she rolled her eyes before smirking. "You wound me with such words." she spoke placing a hand over her heart. She moved to turn halfway toward him her legs still crossed as she tilted her head slightly at. "To be honest, I've never seen so much life than if I'd stayed here. You should try it someday"

She was not about to give him the satisfaction in saying that he was right, if only in some part. "I can say that I've gotten to experience quite a lot" Uncrossing her legs she moved to stand up, her arms reaching out as if to stretch them. "The seasons changing. Snow upon the ground in winter" she smiled slightly casually walking along the invisible line of the border. "I've made friends." she stated her thoughts going back to Freya as she plucked a leaf from the bush she had been sitting by. "One of which...I'm very fond of as HE is me." she glanced toward her old mentor momentarily as she twiddled the leaf between her fingers.

Oddly, not once had she thought of falling for someone. But maybe that's how love worked. In mysterious ways. "But I dare say, what has my ol' 'loyal' mentor been doing with his days, eh?" she teased him for his age although they were only a few years apart.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

Torao Branimir;
Outskirts of Nainital

"You wound me with such words."
Torao only smirked, rolling his eyes slightly at her mock pain. He trained her, of course he knew her habits too well. "To be honest, I've never seen so much life than if I'd stayed here. You should try it someday" he tilted his head slightly at the comment, smirking and wondering - if her words were there as a guise to try and convince him or maybe even herself that the world outside was worth the risk. That somehow being alone to see the world was better than the sanctity and unity of family. He watched her silently, the doubt lingering in those bright sapphire eyes of his. "I can say that I've gotten to experience quite a lot" "Like what?" he countered, waiting expectantly. "The seasons changing. Snow upon the ground in winter" he scoffed. "Snow is bitter and cold, it takes life." he mused, clearly unimpressed. But Isias continued, "I've made friends." she insisted. "You had friends here," he countered again. Family, she had an entire tribe, thousands of people at her side.

"One of which...I'm very fond of as HE is me." "And we are not? We who run together, fight together, die together?" he questioned, deep voice rising in tone as he lifted his back from the rough bark of the tree to straighten himself. She had abandoned them, abandoned them all for what? One meager friendship? Maybe two? She chose to leave those that would have laid their life on the line for each other. To Torao there was no greater bond than the one the Regna shared with each other here. All the sights of the world could not replace the love they held for each other. It was why treacherous acts such as abandonment were not taken to kindly.

"But I dare say, what has my ol' 'loyal' mentor been doing with his days, eh?" she mocked him, mocked his loyalty to his people. Torao's brows furrowed his jaw clenching a bit. "Protecting and appreciating my home and my people." the usual carefree, boastful, fun man melted away in these moments into something far more serious, and unyielding. My. Not ours. Isias had made her choice. "Tell me where are these friends of yours? You speak so highly of them, and yet - you are here alone"

SellyMoony

Isias-Manip.png

She gave a slight shake of her head looking to him as he said "Snow is bitter and cold, it takes life." "So that new life can take it's place. Is that not what fire does?" Lifting a hand to which blue flames seemed to dance around at the fingers. She didn't miss that he was trying to find a fault in her words when he responded that she had HAD friends. That was true. She did and they would still be with her even if they thought her to be a traitor. She had good memories with every single one. Even the male that stood before her. "And we are not? We who run together, fight together, die together?" he asked the question and she looked towards him once more. "I said no such thing" she gave a slight frown. "What makes it so bad that the tribe is...frightened, so unwilling to let outsiders in, hm? Is it so sinful to the higherups to have curiosity of what lies beyond this jungle?" How would any of the tribe members, let alone Torao understand where she was getting at?

Irritation nagged at her mind. She continued walking the flames at her fingertips still dancing as she thought to herself. 'The upper class is faulty' They understood not what the world could offer out there. Her gaze drifted back to the open area behind her. Her eyes rolled slightly as she paused hearing the tone of his voice then he asked a question that somewhat caught her off guard. "I wouldn't let them make the journey." she began the lie, eyes staring to the dark sky for a moment. "Didn't know what I'd have to expect if I brought them here." Her fiery gaze cut back towards the male as a hard expression crossed her face. "After all, the customs of our kind isn't always nice."

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

Torao Branimir;
Outskirts of Nainital

"So that new life can take it's place. Is that not what fire does?"
she countered him purposely, playing with her fire as if to instill the point. But to him, her logic was backwards. "There is no life to rise out of the depths of barren ice and snow. At least fire gives nutrients back to the earth to grow again - being loyal to my family does not mean I am stupid Isias." he bit back, bright blue eyes narrowing into a glare upon her "I said no such thing" " - you didn't have to" he quickly assured her. Often times people held more meaning behind their words than they led to be true, Torao found himself good at reading between the lines. "What makes it so bad that the tribe is...frightened, so unwilling to let outsiders in, hm? Is it so sinful to the higherups to have curiosity of what lies beyond this jungle?" he sighed this time a hand lifting to pinch the bridge of his nose, trying to insist that the beast in his belly put away his teeth. He longed to be himself once more, especially in moments like this, every inch of his skin aching for familiarity of his true form.

"You truly know so little about your own people? - It isn't fear, Isias." he finally started after a long pause. "It is for the love of our people...and our land. The Jungle is not just another chunk of land, within it live the souls of our ancestors; every bough tells the history of our people. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to build what we have today; the least we owe to them is to protect it. Lest our way of life, our tradition...wither" his voice grew solemn as he spoke, anger replaced with a grave weight of the predicament his student found herself in; utterly lost. "After all, the customs of our kind isn't always nice." he caught those words, bright blue eyes dancing up to find hers. "We do what we must"

Torao watched her, despair etching into the details of his face. "I have failed you" the words fell with a tangible weight from his lips before his head turned skyward, the next words barely above a whisper. "Kukulcan, forgive me"

SellyMoony

Isias-Manip.png

The woman slightly frowned again as he countered back to her. "Is that what you know or have you seen it with your own eyes?" she asked. How could the lives of those lost in winter not provide for the earth? This conversation was starting to irritate her even more. Honestly, banters like this, were not uncommon for the two of them. With every word she spoke, he always had an answer if at times they were not to her liking. She watched him pinch the bridge of his nose and she couldn't help the slightly satisfied smirk as it crossed her features. He was also annoyed, usually it took much longer to do so.

Her arms folded towards her chest as he spoke, her head tilted slightly with mere curiosity to listen to what he had to say. When he finished she scoffed slightly, "The other lands have histories as well. The cities well protected like the Jungle." Her head shook again as she looked away, "Manaus wouldn't wither. Not if the history was shared" She started to walk again, "We do what we must" he said and she paused glancing at him and she grunted. So she was right, even if she had brought them along, there was no way Torao or anyone else could've promised to not harm her friends. She bit her lip slightly, that true fact hurt even more so to hear it from her mentor. "Then it wouldn't be wrong for me to choose to stand and defend them." her words were quiet, slight pain held within them but she was only stating the same. Deep down, she just hoped it never had to come to such a situation specifically involving any from here.

Her eyes went wide at her mentor's next words, and her head whipped back towards him. He then looked up toward the sky saying something more and she simply stared at him for a moment. No, this wasn't right. Her fists clenched tightly in response to what she was feeling. Those words shouldn't be spoken especially not from him. Her steps were small as she moved towards him, like a child would if they knew they were going to be chastised. She moved as close as she could to the invisible border before sinking to her knees with her fists connected to the ground, head lowered. To an outsider, this would probably look rather odd. This was simply how Isias surrendered. The Regna had a complex system and everyone was different in how they let bygones be bygones. "D...don't say that." she started, her head slightly shaking as she shut her eyes, "Not from you."

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

Torao Branimir;
Outskirts of Nainital

"Is that what you know or have you seen it with your own eyes?"
he rose a brow at her, did he not just get done explaining that just because he'd spent his days here that he was not stupid? The snow never gave in those icy depths of the north, it remained a frozen wasteland lost to time. Never moving forward. But he chose not to humor her anymore on the topic. The pair were at odds, a place he never thought he'd find them; but he never expected Isias to abandon her own either after all the work he had put into training and instilling within her, the customs of their people. She was...full of surprises. Much to his dismay.

"The other lands have histories as well. The cities well protected like the Jungle." she was like a child, dreaming of a world that was accepting and kind. "The history of others did not get us to where we are today" "Manaus wouldn't wither. Not if the history was shared" "Dammit Isias!" he suddenly boomed, voice snapping harshly. "And you'd risk all of your people on that chance" it should of been a question, but it wasn't. "What if it did? What if the customs of others infected our people and destroyed our rich history? Or what if they attacked us because we don't believe what they do?....What if you got your family killed on the hope that they'd accept us?!" he boomed. The blood would be on her hands.

The mood of their conversation shifted when Torao felt that solemn realization set in that he'd failed her, he hadn't noticed her shocked stare, catching out of his peripheral as she inched closer to him. Guilt and...possibly regret settling into her entire frame, she seemed to shrink before him as she crept across the marshy lands where the Jungle met Leistone only to crumple at his bare feet into fresh greens. Toroa's gaze slowly followed her down, collapsing - breaking down at the disappointment of her teacher. "D...don't say that." he observed her though eyes of steel, "Not from you." he sighed deeply, his head raising and looking away from her briefly, turning to watch the rolling clouds on the horizon. A long bout of silence settling between them.
"Then prove me wrong - come home" he could convince the upper class to allow Isias back, but she wouldn't be able to take off again; or face severe punishment should they ever catch her.

SellyMoony

Isias-Manip.png

Isias Anthelm
Outskirts of Nainital Jungle

"The history of others did not get us to where we are today" she heard him say and she half expected one of his lectures. Her eyes rolled slightly before his booming voice caused her to flinch. It had been a while since she last heard him raise it. His next words caught her off guard, it wasn't like she was intentionally trying to kill her people. "..ah..no- I.." she stopped as he continued on and she began to frown. It was like he was already blaming her for something she hadn't even thought of doing. Of course she would never wish ill will on her people. Would she be back like she was only to gloat and dance on their graves? Isias cared about her people from the youngest to the oldest. She respected their wishes to stay confined to the jungle. She wasn't outwardly recruiting others to join her. The woman wanted to yell back to him. Out of long habit though, she bit her tongue keeping her mouth shut instead to cool her blood.

They weren't getting anywhere with their words. "You're talking to me like I DON'T KNOW..." her voice rose a bit and all calmness went like a breeze as he hands clenched the earth beneath her. "I'm not a pup! Could you really blame me for wanting to leave?! I wanted to see it for my own eyes. My own hands and paws!" She ran a clawed hand through her dark parisian blue hair before she looked back up hearing him say, "Then prove me wrong - come home" She stared at him silently for a moment. "W-what?" Someone else might have been overjoyed to get a chance to re-join the family. Chances like this were slim to none amongst her people.​

Her body reacted before her mind and she was back to her standing position, those spring blue eyes not leaving his. Return home? Out of slight respected obedience she took a step toward him, only to take two back, her once human ears changing back to her natural form and flattening. "But I-" Head turned away, "I can't just abandon them. Not Calix - he loves..." she couldn't form the words she wanted say. What if he came looking for her? She hadn't went into great detail about her family to him. Just the direction that they stayed. Another step was taken back. Even if she did return and he didn't come searching for her, nothing would be the same anymore. That deep trust would take ages to gain back if at all and she wouldn't be able to leave again.

Wait. The words repeated through her mind again. 'prove me wrong' why did she have to do that? Eyes returned again to her mentor ever burning. "Funny now that I think about it. Why should I prove it? My appearance in front of you now should be proof enough." Her hands raised in a gesture, "I haven't brought other 'outsiders' here to doom the jungle. I haven't cursed our gods. I-" Why was she even explaining this to him? She was falling right back into the habit of doing what he said. She shook her head slightly. "Just a simple visit is all I had wanted. Whether you appeared or not - but you did. And I wanted to show that I was doing well." An irritated shiver ran through her. "You tell me to come home as if you can't trust me any longer. Let's say I do return. You convince the upper class. There's still going to be a lot of others that say otherwise. Not to mention I would be miserable without the one I Love..."

Last edited: