Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

Complete Passionate Politics

Complete thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noella

She had awoken to a day of spring air. She had gone to bed last night with nothing on her mind but the efforts and useless ideas to bring peace to her people. The Lady had gotten into an extensive argument about what to do about the persistent pirates who plaque the shadows of her mind and the waters in a distance. She arose from her sleep and pushed back the think blanket she had made from materials traded from other cultures. Cotton was definitely her favorite source of clothing and comfort.

She went to a basin made from the wood of palm trees and rinsed her face before moved to exit the hut She called home. Outside, her village prospered as it had since the war ended. She had made sure grab her bow and arrows. Today she wanted something to eat other than fish. She strapped her dagger just as a messenger approached with word of someone approaching the village from afar-and they weren't Akamai.

Oceanna nodded and sent the messenger away. She took in a deep breath and wished for guidance on her encounter with a stranger not of Akamai blood. She shifted and padded through the sands towards the entrance of the village. "My lady, we will accompany you." The guards at the gate greeted her. She nodded as the guards shifted to their wolf forms as well and slipped into tow on either side, keeping their shoulders aligned with her flank. She paused when the stranger's form came into view. She sat down, waited.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
She'd left her children with Dovain so she could scout ahead, in search of something...something more. A place to call home again, where they could rebuild, her children deserved better than this, to be wallowing through marshes and mud not knowing when their next meal would be or where they'd be laying their heads the following night. Delicate canine paws pressed into the earth, her wings tucked gently against her hips and gold eyes rich like honey set on a brighter future a gentle sigh passing her lips, long ears twitching at the distant sound of waves crashing along the shore, her long limbs carrying her effortlessly as a soft huff pushed past sky blue nostrils. Her eyes would snap, darting as she caught sight of the movement in her peripheral. Was that a guard? They saw her, the pair making eye contact for a moment before the individual would dart away back toward the direction they came. Anaru's head would rise slightly, watching them until they were out of sight and deciding to follow them back to wherever it was they were going.

As she approached the village the scent of company lingered upon the air, so they had brought the cavalry to come greet her? Good. The woman approached slowly pausing a short but respectable distance from the woman before shifting back, fur giving way to soft pale skin, skirt draping behind her cascading down to soft sands where her long feathers rested. She smiled, offering a gentle dip of her head in greeting to the woman before her acknowledging both of the guards with a brief glance before returning her attention back to the young woman. "I apologize for coming by unannounced, I didn't...actually know there was a village here. We're new here, Hrokr so we travel a lot. But I followed the young man that found me." she explained gently, clasping her hands in front of her body allowing them to find a resting point there. "I'm Anaru, could you...tell me where I am exactly?" she mused a small soft smile touching the corners of her lips, her gold eyes flickering, head lifting slightly to look beyond where the cluster of huts and houses sat in the far distance, curiosity lingering in her eyes.

Last edited:

Noella

She watched as the colorful wolf shifted to a beautiful young woman with a gaze filled with ongoing curiosity. Oceanna listened as she explained thst she was a nomad, and from what Oceanna could tell, she was alone. Her pale skin reflected her own and her markings, not of anything Oceanna could recall. Her clothing seemed unusual, even her...shoes. Oceanna opened her mouth as if to speak then closed it. She took in the woman and then reminded herself of her clans customs. Barefoot as she was, Oceanna understood the ways in which her people walked the sands of their home barefoot, but this woman wouldn't know of such of this truly was a true Nomad.

"You come to the Village of Kailu. I'm am Queen Oceanna." She moved forward a few steps. Occeana didn't like to wear shoes. Walking around barefoot made her more comfortable, especially when she went out to sea. The thought aside, she smiled gently. "It sounds like you've traveled a long way to come to our shores. On foot, I pressume?" She noticed her longing at the village behind her. Though Oceanna had been dealing with war matters. The presence of this woman had to of meant something. "Are you a messenger of the Aegir?" She asked curiously. "Or a spy for the pirates come to disrespect the Gods of the Sea?" She couldn't ignore the possibility that Noah would send a spy. She began to feel the need to call for a guard to search the Village, but for a moment she doubted the woman, especially one not of Akamai blood even knew Noah if she didn't know where she was....still. Noah Matannui was a sneaky bastard.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
"You come to the Village of Kailu. I'm am Queen Oceanna." Kailu and Oceanna, Anaru would be sure to tuck the names away for safe keeping, her gold eyes finding the woman, uncertainty brushing across her face her lips dropping into a slight frown for only a moment upon as the stranger encroached upon her space, Queen or not perhaps it would do Oceanna some good to learn to respect a strangers space, it made her wonder what kind of customs they practiced here; what they taught their children. "It sounds like you've traveled a long way to come to our shores. On foot, I presume?" Anaru softened her gaze, giving a gentle nod "Yes, although it isn't too bad as long as you do most of it shifted" she chimed lightly, a small smirk touching her face, her eyes closing with the smile. She parted her lips about to explain herself further, when suddenly the mood would take an abrupt turn.

"Are you a messenger of the Aegir?" her brows knitted together, "Or a spy for the pirates come to disrespect the Gods of the Sea?" her features tightened further, equally as appalled and confused by these unwarranted accusations. Her hands unclasped from their resting position, balling into fists whether as a display of frustration or anxiety no onlooker would be able to tell, but Anaru's mind was a labyrinth of ideas on what to do with the information she was receiving. And this was very quickly becoming an opportunity.

"...what are you talking about? I've never even been to this side of Drokai, I'm certain I don't even know who you speak of..." words were soft, confused and honest, lined with the shock of Oceanna's allegations on someone she'd only just met. Anaru sighed, taking a moment she straightened her shoulders and relaxed slightly "I...am a single mother, constant travel isn't exactly ideal for them as i'm sure you can imagine. They are staying with my friend, while I search for a stable, safe place to live with my children." she explained, her voice softening, it drifted to a hush letting the words trail and linger on the air.

"...this how the people of Kailu treat guests?" they were heavy, a weighted whisper.

Noella

Oceanna laughed. She could see this woman was no threat, but Oceanna needed to keep her with. "Very well." She approached further and without much concern for personal space, she brought her for head to the woman's and uttered the greeting she gave to her people. "Hoa o Ke Kai, Anaru." She stepped away and stepped to the side slightly. "Come, be my honored guest, I shall explain things once you're comfortable and have something to eat."

Her invitation of a complete stranger might be seen as disorderly, but this woman hadn't come by the sea. Her worn shoes and vague tiredness that Oceanna could see were a clear indication that Noah hadn't sent this woman to steal or harm anyone. "Our customs may seem strange to you, please understand that my people suffer from an ongoing war. As a Nomad, I'm sure you've seen much of different cultures?" She explained. Two guards approached and Oceanna halted their actions before they could say anything. "She is a guest. Please ready food and drink at my house. This woman needs a rest after such a long journey." The two men nodded and slipped to their tasks. To Anaru, "Please, accompany me to my home and we shall talk there."

Last edited:

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
Anaru drew back, the woman was upon her in almost an instant closing in on any personal space she had left she leaned in then and Anaru acted without thinking. Her prior scheming in those moments launched out the window her eyes, like a predator locked onto Oceanna. Anaru's right hand reached back to her hip quickly unsheathing the sacrificial blade that was secured onto her thigh. As the woman stepped in to touch her Anaru's hand would come forward in one swift fluid motion.

There wasn't a single sliver; an ounce of waiver in actions gold eyes remaining locked onto Oceanna's orbs of teal like the ocean blue as she drove the silver dagger through the girls stomach cutting off anything she might of been saying. She could have killed Oceanna; here and now if she wanted to, had slightly better aim and shoved the blade through the girls chest cavity, pierced her heart and be done with it before her pathetic guards could even process what was happening. She could take her homeland as her own, tear away her customs and built a castle of her own.

But instead she watched coldly and calmly. Leaning in close, "Oh dearest...Queen. You should see me in a crown. Don't touch me again" she whispered, words soft like honey before she ripped the blade from the girls stomach her eyes catching the guards who were on her now, too afraid to move prior until the blade was free from their leader for fear of what Anaru might do while the blade was still nested in the girls stomach. At least they were smart, but these people needed a real queen; and in time perhaps she could do them that favor, save them from this girls foolishness. Before she got them all killed. And let this be a lesson for the girl, not to openly welcome strangers into her home.

Anaru turned the blade in her hand, slicing it at the direction of a guards face as he lunged for her. To force him to back off just enough before straightening herself rolling her shoulders back and looking on at Oceanna and her guards expectantly. Your move, princess.

Last edited:

Noella

oceann11.png

Oceanna should have seen the incoming blade, but her eyes were closed as she made her way to greet the woman in their oldest of customs. It seemed she had greatly underestimated the woman in her wits. The blade pierced her delicate skin and Oceanna gasped as she peered into fiery golden eyes. When she jerked the blade free, Oceanna stumbled back, coughing on her own blood. Choking, she fell to her knees just as her guards came to her aid. Oceanna gripped her would to sustain the bleeding and used her other hand to steady herself on the sands. Blood on the sands...she felt faint, but she stared into a blurred form of Anaru as she stared right back.

To her right, a guard stood to her side, the skin of his cheek sliced open. Another knelt beside her and pressed his hand over hers to help with the bleeding. "Enough...Blood has been spilt on the sands." She coughed, blood spilling over the side of her jaw. "I can see now that this circumstance is not without a sign." She stood, with help from the guard who slung her arm over his shoulder. "A formidable warrior. The Aegir have sent us sign that we are not inferior to those outside of our ranks. Nor are our traditions to those who do not understand them." She still held her gaze with Anaru, almost defiantly, though wary. "For your actions, you are no longer welcome here, Anaru. By the demand of our Ancestors, rudeness must be repaid. If you so desire, you may accompany us back to the village and supply yourself for the journey home."

If Anaru accepted, Oceanna would have no man approach the dangerous woman but to be wary and alert the village to remain indoors. If she refused, Oceanna would send her her on her way with nothing but satisfactory and with a warning to remain away from Akamai or death come to her. Oceanna understood her mistake. Others had been quite willing under the traditions of her people, but now she understood that not all appreciate them. Preparing the woman for her journey home was the least she deserved for stabbing her in the stomach. Seems she would need to postpone her meeting with Noah.... She looked to the guard with the split cheek. She would to find a messenger to let Noah know she would not see him this day. Perhaps she would be well enough to see him later...Only the healers would know... "Your decision is your own, Anaru." She added after a moment.

Last edited:

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
deel1zt-2adab4dd-5dc4-4bfa-be24-5dfacbbca73d.png

Anaru watched, coldly and calmly as the girl stumbled. Eyes empty as if...she had no emotion at all behind them. It pointed at the possibility that Anaru bore within her chest a heart cold as ice, made of stone even. But this woman had never seen her with her children, her friends, her lovers. She only looked on as Oceanna crumpled to her knees and a smirk obvious as daylight stretched upon her face. Now, that was more like it. Leaning onto one hip as she held the bloody dagger out from her clothing so it wouldn't stain, the liquid pooled running toward the point and falling to the sandy shores. "Enough...Blood has been spilt on the sands." she cocked her head slightly as the woman coughed and sputtered, "I can see now that this circumstance is not without a sign." No...certainly not she thought silently to herself, impressed by the lack of reaction from the girl...and her guards. Her eyes danced to the men briefly. "A formidable warrior. The Aegir have sent us sign that we are not inferior to those outside of our ranks. Nor are our traditions to those who do not understand them." Anaru rose a single brow, judging silently as she sheathed her blade.

"For your actions, you are no longer welcome here, Anaru. By the demand of our Ancestors, rudeness must be repaid. If you so desire, you may accompany us back to the village and supply yourself for the journey home." "And here I assumed the blade was enough of a payment, now you want to offer me supplies too?" she mused simply, ignoring the way Oceanna's teal eyes burned, determined to be more than a reaction. But she tried too hard. She sighed, her head turning, lingering off toward the distant jungles before coming back to face Oceanna in one movement. "Why?" she wondered aloud, "Why help me at all now?" came the inquiry, Anaru showed no further tension or distaste for the woman. As if...nothing had happened at all.

Noella

Oceanna fought to keep consciousness. Anaru seemed to relax a bit as she sheathed her weapon. The guard holding her steady gazed at her with worried eyes while the other remained as he was, cold stare and his blade held at the ready. She gazed at him until he met her own and sheathed his blade. Anarus question might have annoyed Oceanna for desire to rest but she inclined. She thought it best, in the moment, that this woman ought to know why Oceanna showed such a kindness when Anaru truly could have killed her when she had the chance.

"Perhaps you may understand that it is for the love of my people, Anaru. We are at war with our own kin and as a leader I seek nothing more than peace across our lands. If my actions sprout a tension with you and whereever you came from, it would mean more trouble than we need." She grimaced not only from pain but at the thought of such a cruel reality. It was true. Oceanna still had much to learn. What trade she had established between other cultures she did so lightly. Anaru had shown Oceanna that she needed to be wary of all and not just those inside, but outside her clan as well. "It is the least I can do." She said more quietly. Then she began to fade, dark spots dotting her vision. "My people...I can't-

The guards lowered their queen and checked her pulse. "We need to get her to safety, a healer." The other nodded and carried his Lady back to the village. He looked to Anaru. "The Lady has spoken. If you wish for aid in your journey home, we can arrange it. If you leave, I shall be sure she knows of your decision." He waited for a reply, curious.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
deel1zt-2adab4dd-5dc4-4bfa-be24-5dfacbbca73d.png

She paid no mind to the guards, denying even her acknowledgement in their direction even as the man kept his hand on his blade at the ready. She looked on, gold eyes of fire and brimstone, her eyes alone intense enough to threaten to burn a hole in Oceanna's forehead. "Perhaps you may understand that it is for the love of my people, Anaru. We are at war with our own kin and as a leader I seek nothing more than peace across our lands. If my actions sprout a tension with you and wherever you came from, it would mean more trouble than we need." she tilted her head slightly interesting, she spoke again of this internal conflict of hers.

She would be certain to look into it further, while she pondered about why the girl was so open. She could suppose that would true, Oceanna knew nothing of Anaru's forces whether she had any or not, nor the volume. And she sensed to fault on the girls tongue. "It is the least I can do." she smirked as the girl began to struggle more, finding it difficult to hold onto reality. "My people...I can't-" pathetic girl.

She shifted her weight, adjusting as the guard scooped Oceanna up and hurried off with her, speaking amongst themselves briefly Anaru's eyes danced up as the other addressed her. "The Lady has spoken. If you wish for aid in your journey home, we can arrange it. If you leave, I shall be sure she knows of your decision." she sighed, almost bored. But yet again another door had opened, who was she to turn her back on it? "Very well...I will entertain her offer." she finally said, giving an expectant nod to the guard awaiting him to lead her through.

Noella

The guard nodded and with a deapening frown, he motioned for the woman to follow him. The walk wasn't long and though the guard would rather stick his blade in the woman, he needed to uphold the ideals of his Queen.

Within the village, it seemed that the village was in a slight state of panic as word reached of their unconscious leader. The guard, able to catch a slight glimpse of his queen disappear with the guard who carried her inside the healers hut. Meanwhile, others ushered the villagers into their homes for safety, a precaution. The man continued on to a hut with casual decors and guards posted at the doors. He paused at the door and glanced over his shoulder at Anaru. "In here, Miss." He said, opening the door with a key he produced from somewhere on his person.

Inside, there were supplies enough to supply the village. Shelves and more shelves with a clear walkway and a desk at the back where another guard sat. He looked up. "Do you need more netting at the docks or-
He trailed off and for a moment didn't know what to say. Then, after clearing his throat, "What do you need?" The other guard turned to Anaru, assuming she would be behind him. "Let this man know what you need. He will see to what you ask. I'll wait for you outside." Then as an added measure, "Don't try anything stupid....The Queen has done you a great service. She may be a child, but she is a generous leader." He glanced at the other man and began to walk out, not expecting any reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.