Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

[P] Open your wings [Ryslen]

Private thread

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

dede53s-fa049e5e-2411-41fd-9ada-2d48dd4de6b0.png

She practically erupted from her slumber, the last few weeks had been spent stretching and exercising her wing, ok well both of them but primarily the one that had suffered the break. She was stretching it out on and off throughout her days, some times doing it a few times, opening and closing the limb to help strengthen the muscles that hadn't been used in what felt like forever. It was finally feeling better, she could move it confidently, even flap her wings with a considerable amount of force without feeling like her muscles wanted to cave out from beneath her. And yesterday she'd lifted herself a few feet off the ground, so when her and Bezalel she went to bed the night before she had it set in her mind that in the morning ─ she would fly again. She rose quickly, where other mornings she would fight with the sun when the light beckoned her, eyes of crimson would snap open. Her head immediately lifting off the ground as her ears perked, her attention turning to Bez; who was glaring at her begrudgingly reluctantly pulling his beak where it was tucked beneath his wing. Less than pleased with her decision to rise so damn early. Sonja only smirked at him as she rose and gave a good shake, her wings opening slightly to allow her fur to flow freely. "C'mon Bez, don't look at me like that, I'm telling you I'm going to fly today." she told him confidently, no, she wouldn't let him ruin today with his poor attitude. A soft laugh escaped her as she bounded from the den, boundless energy carrying her.

She left without him, knowing he would eventually follow she wove through the trees, tucking her large wings tightly against her sides so the feathers wouldn't snag or catch on the branches of various trees as she searched for a decent opening in the forest. When she found one she came to a pause to survey the area, heart beating in her chest like a flurry of hummingbird wings, she had been a caged bird these last few weeks and she could not wait to fly again, ruby lined ears fell back slightly. Unable to stop the rush of doubt that weighed on her mind, what if she couldn't do it? What if she fell, injured herself further? Oh...but what if she soared? The gentle beating of Bezalels wings came to distract her, sweeping in like a savior to send her worries away on the wind. The crow landed on the branch of a tree just off to her right, tucked his wings and cocked his head blinking at her expectantly. Well? He seemed to say. She nodded, pulling in a slightly shaky breath before her gaze drew away from him.

Large wings; too large for her petite frame came to open; and when she felt the winds catch beneath her feathers her hesitation evaporated. She would arch her wings up stretching them as tall as they could go before they'd come down in one massive sweeping motion releasing her anchor to the earth a swirl of dirt and pine needles flurrying under the hurricane of wind she created as she pushed herself skyward. The force of the wind causing enough discomfort to cause Bez to take off as well, the crow pulling ahead of her, pausing only for a moment to glance back to encourage her to follow his lead. With the sound of her own heart beat thrumming in her ears and a little bit of a strain she pushed her body forward chasing Bezalel as he zipped away from her. Encouraging and taunting her with the thrill of the chase, and slowly drawing them higher and higher into the sky. Until they were soaring among the clouds, hardly even aware of just how high she was until she began to come back from the rush. Crimson eyes slowly drifted from her bird, to the earth below them, a nervous laugh pooled from her maw eyes raising back to Bez.

She felt incredible.

And in all honesty, she didn't want this to end, but her wing was beginning to burn and scream with pain that shot through into her shoulder and back. So eventually and reluctantly she would begin her descent, after some convincing from Bez, who even came to peck and pull at her ear when she refused initially. She pawed at him, "Okay, okay...I'm going" she grumbled, giving him one last gentle swat to push him away from her face before slowly circling around to land by the river in the clearing she'd found prior. Paws hit the ground a bit rougher than she had intended at first, causing her to move in a bit of a jog until she could slow herself down - and almost running into a tree as she slowed and folded her now very sore wings back against her sides. "Don't" she told the bird who was already giving her a glare with his beady eyes, and though Bezalel wasn't much of a talker, she knew what he was thinking. She pushed herself, but she didn't care - she flew. With a smirk and a huff the woman rotated back to the river settling down on her haunches in front of the water.

Last edited:

Shadow

He'd been watching. Of course he had. He always was, whether she wanted him to or not. They'd never talked about it, but he was sure she knew. About the the piece of his shadow he'd put into her's after he helped her with her wing. The one that whispered about what she was doing to him. The one that had told him she'd been antsy all week, shuffling and stretching those delicate wings and even attempting to hover.
He'd stopped his aimless wandering, beelining for his baby sister like a dog with a scent. He'd just broken through the treeline when he saw her in the air, flying.

He was waiting for her when she landed, if he could call her almost crashing into the trees a landing, a pair of glaring golden eyes in the darkness.

The siblings had always given each other a healthy distance. The ebony and crimson female had always had her own adventures, her own life. And he hadn't wanted the responsibility of it. Or rather, he hadn't been able to contemplate assuming responsibility of it. Sure, he'd stuck around for a time after he'd murdered their parents and their entire pack. She'd needed him then. And his sister hadn't asked why, when he'd pulled her from the burning remains of their home, his breath had smelt of blood and his paws were stained in carnage. Just like he hadn't asked questions when she'd come back, years later, telling him about her husband and the rat bastard he'd cheated on her with. Had listened when she'd asked him not to kill him.

There were just certain things the siblings didn't do.

Meddle in each others affairs was one of them.

He tried to remember that as he stepped from the shadows, a ripple against the darkened treeline emerging as a bloodred beast. Shadows dripped from his very being, power radiating from every orifice. He towered over the raven night that was his sister, though her wings, giant in size, gave the illusion that the tiny creature was larger. He'd always laughed at that. How she puffed herself up like a peacock. Not that she didn't have the personality to match, the brave, stubborn thing.

He waited for her to notice him, a dark red eyebrow quirked in silent question. Normally, he'd be a talkative beast. All charm and whimsy. But he wanted her to say it. From the looks of the bird, it had already given her it's own talking to.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

dede53s-fa049e5e-2411-41fd-9ada-2d48dd4de6b0.png

Met with a pair of glowing golden eyes as she came more aware of her surroundings crimson lined audits would draw back slightly as she adjusted her wings trying to find the most comfortable position for the aching muscles to rest. Her nose would lift, sharp eyes of bloodstain fixating on the face of familial, the only ties she had left to her kin, the rest of her family fallen to his teeth. And why she loved him in spite of it she never could tell you, then again nor could she say why she loved a man who raped and abused her before they drew in to tangle within one another. But Zendelrin, the absent husband of hers was a topic for another day, lest her brother insist they speak on her lovers failures. Memories flooded her mind for a moment the last interaction Zen and her had; as the red beast stepped out from the shadows, still they clung to his body, dripping and oozing from his body. It didn't go well, that day with her 'mate' he'd backed her into a corner, refusing her space and accusing her of the treachery only he'd committed, a guilty mind perhaps that he felt so strongly as to push the crime on her shoulders. But if Sonja was anything, she was loyal - loyal to a fault.

She snapped back, eyes finding her brothers just as he rose a brow at her; it lined his face the words he wanted to say. But the stubborn girl that she was Sonja only narrowed her eyes back at him. Her face tightening, muscles stiffening in refusal. They stayed there in tense silence for a while, Sonja's resolve never faltering, her nose only crinkled in annoyance but she held her ground against him. The only sounds were that of the river, trickling running water and the occasional forest animal that would ensure the world still existed around them.

Finally she would speak, shattering the silence with a huff first, "Stare at me all you want, if I don't start now the muscles will only keep deteriorating" and then they'd be useless. Permanently and she would not be turned into a cripple on account of rest. But maybe Ryslen would like that, clip the wings of his raven so he can keep her bound to his shoulder. She sighed, shoving the thought aside, no; why would he? He'd never meddled in her life affairs before he didn't try to stop her whatever reckless thing she wanted to do, why would he suddenly want to now?​

Shadow

Retconed to fit new shifter roles.

Ryslen

A dark eyebrow quirked at his baby sister, standing her ground at his silence, emulating her own as long as she could. Arms folded, legs apart, as if bracing for battle. The picture would have been complete, had she not had to glare up at him. Ryslen kept his hands in his pockets, a portrait of cool ease as they stared at each other. The male was anything but, shoulders tense. But she "broke" first, huffing in exasperation.

"Stare at me all you want, if I don't start now the muscles will only keep deteriorating." Something glint in his golden eyes at that, like topaz in the light. Just as fast the thought was gone, just as fast they disappeared into slithering shadows behind them. With his own sigh - his own form of defeat, he supposed - the dark male closed his eyes for a moment before fixing his gaze back on his sister. With a shift, his demeanor changed. Small things. Minimal things. Things Sonja would most certainly notice.
Once again the cheshire grin ghosted his full lips. His shoulders slackened, no longer straight and tall, asserting dominance over a smaller creature. His stance was a picture of ease, with no less grace or poise.

While he radiated calm and peace, the dark beast was anything but. Ryslen had long preferred his wolf fur. Even though he stood at an impressive three of four full inches taller than as a beast, he would always feel more powerful on four paws. While deadly no matter what form he took, he could never shake the feeling that he was merely wearing the skin of a human creature, never fulling resonating with the change.

Still, he supposed, he'd humor her. After all, he always did.

"The next time you decide to practice falling, I'd suggest a more open space." The male quipped, his mouth upturning in a snark grin. He motioned to the tree she'd almost smacked into with a cheeky nod, brow upturning as his grin turned feral. The look could only be called devilish, his pointed teeth on display as he teased her. Many had fallen for just those smiles, though Sonja seemed to remain immune to his many charms.

"Besides," he continued to drawl, throwing his head back as he rolled his eyes, feigning hurt. "Since when was it a crime to be worried for my dear, beloved baby sister?" Ryslen would have been a picture of sincerity had his voice not upturned on "sister". It never felt right in his mouth, but he wasn't sure how else to refer to her. Not yet.

"Even the bird has the decency to worry. And yet I'm not allowed? I'm hurt." His eyes swiveled back to Sonja, still facing away. He decided to push out his bottom lip for good measure, a full pout. His hands never left his pockets, as he used his arms to pivot back and forth, still turned from her.

Last edited:

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
dek57lc-efc2da64-7d41-4134-ad8b-22ecf75e7718.png

Sonja felt a hint of relief as Ryslen too seemed to break from his hard, and unyielding stance. He relaxed, the wall he had thrown up between them in an act of dominance or authority gave. And she felt herself relax more too, wings slumping slightly from their stiff position as she seemed to almost mimic her brothers physical display of emotion. Crimson eyes flickering away from him, as the grin crept along his lips she rose a brow almost playfully. "The next time you decide to practice falling, I'd suggest a more open space." she smirked rolling her eyes at him following his eyes to the branches, "So I can pancake on the ground? At least the trees would slow my fall - though nothing to catch me would make for a quick death" she mused, her dark sense of humor never failing at the fact that she thought the idea of ensuring a faster death amusing.

"Besides," her gaze found him, raising a brow in preparation for what target he'd found, of course she saw it his show of dramatic flare. "Since when was it a crime to be worried for my dear, beloved baby sister? Even the bird has the decency to worry. And yet I'm not allowed? I'm hurt." she couldn't help but laugh, her wings tucking against her back. "Oh, please" she said as she strode to cut away the space between them. Extending a hand to try and grip his bicep tightly and turn him to face her. "You honestly think I'm going to fall for that?" she smirked, amused by his antics, but there also lived a fire in her eyes as they narrowed into thin slits that aimed to challenge him.​