Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

Complete Hooves of Beauty

Complete thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginga

Staff member
Manfried_dea9fjq-c8d53779-da4b-48d4-9512-ab8d1f07e920.png

The sun was slowing beginning to descend on the second day of their hunt. Einar had picked up a trail not far from the edges of the prairie and they both had been following it for a while. It wasn't uncommon for the two of them to go missing for days on end so no one would come looking for them and it wasn't uncommon for them to take a few days for a hunt. Especially when the hunt was worth following for a few days. This one was definitely worth it. The hooves on the dirt and the sweet scent that hung around made Manny's taste buds water for more. It was an odd scent for any beast he'd ever encountered but it would make for a fun game.

The brute looked over his shoulder to his brother, Einar looked almost as tired as he felt but determined all the same. "I think were getting close." He whispered and trudged forward. His mind was set on getting this hunt, not only for himself but for his pride. It had been a while since he'd shown up with anything but small hunts and some of the group was beginning to notice. It made his fur curl to think about how he had to prove his worth everyday just because he was from another set of parents that didn't want him either. Manny felt his shoulders prickle but he relaxed them instantly. They would have to wait, this hunt was more important then the petty social squabble at home.

The scent seemed to be getting fresh under his paws and lifted into the air around him. "Come on." He urged Einar and broke into a run. His paws began to pick up speed and sprinted over the earth in thunderous claps. He had found the trail and hoped the prey hadn't gotten too far away.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
dby5nhv-b3c03db7-049f-448b-8979-b2ab2151d794.png

His muscles burned, limbs screaming in protest as he continued to push them, large paws ignoring the searing pain; like fire that coursed through every fiber, from the pads on his feet to his forearms and all the way up into his shoulders. The same for his hind end, his thighs sore where his head would normally be held high it sunk falling even with his spine his long tail complete with tufted end nearly dragging over the plains frozen dead grass. They were going on day two of following this trail Manny had seemed to grow obsessed with, he admitted the scent was a bit...odd for a deer, but then again he didn't really overthink it, not like his brother. And at this point, he really was just moving aimlessly, trudging behind Manny in tow. His large mane tangled in dirt and debris from failing to tend to it, maybe he'd bug Manny later to help him clean the twigs and dirt from the thick fur that grew around his neck, it was impossible to reach it all himself. He huffed, salmon tongue lolling out running over his nose and the ring which clasped snugly between his nostrils, ears perking slightly and head rising as his brother glanced back over his shoulder. "I think were getting close." he sure as hell hoped so, he only gave his brother a nod in understanding before pressing on. Catching up to him slightly, his nose coming even with Manny's thigh as the scent began to fill Einar's nose, he allowed his nostrils to flare. Picking his head up with new found interest in their hunt now that they were actually getting somewhere.

"Come on." He huffed as Manny bolted forward, he was going to scare the damn thing off if he wasn't careful, earthen audits pulled back against his crown giving a shake of his head before he darted after his brother. "Manny," he called, trying to keep his voice down. "Slow down, it'll hear you coming" he rumbled, slight annoyance lining his voice, exhaustion really must of been getting to him for him to feel the frustration in his brothers actions. Deer were skittish creatures, with hearing much better than their own with those ears like radars atop their heads. He slowed slightly as he closed the space between them, angling his body so his shoulder would bump into Manny's roughly as he pursued the trail where the prints left fresh impressions in the mud. The man lowered his head slightly, golden eyes locking on the creature that stood in the distance. But it was....wait was it pink? He frowned, slowing yet again, trying to get his brothers attention before he bolted toward the creature.​

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
It had only been about a day since she had run into the male from the city named Levi. His words still rattled in her head as she just wandered aimlessly in the plains searching for something to eat. Long soft pink ears flicked on the female's head as she looked for any sort of creature to snack upon. But nothing seemed to be popping up. Maybe it was too late in the day, after all, it was becoming evening and most things had already gone to bed. Letting out a growl she stopped for a moment to get a better grasp of where she had gone off to. Looking around she could no longer see the city, which only meant she had gone a good ways away from where she met Levi. Her light mint tongue rolled out and ran over her dark pink colored lips. The very tip of her tongue was slightly forked, just like her sisters.

Her long light seafoam colored feathers fell to the sides of her neck as she relaxed slightly. They swayed slightly as a breeze picked up which had brought in a new scent, something tastier. Quickly she turned her head and looked towards where the scent came from and she began to drool. Guess she was hungrier than she thought, a good thing this wind had picked up and brought her ascent. Astrid turned in place and headed towards the scent, hopefully, she could at least land a meal to satisfy her hunger enough to where she could go on with her exploring. Her long legs quickly covered the ground to where the scent was strongest. She lowered her body slightly as she moved closer to the creature. It seemed to be a small size rabbit, not really enough to fill a stomach but it would do for her. Instead of using her own teeth and hooves to catch the creature, she decided to use her magic.

All she had to do was get just a little bit closer and she could use the ground below the rabbit to trap it. That way it wouldn't be able to escape her, unlike the last time she decided to hunt a rabbit. Quickly the ground below the rabbit dropped down and trapped the rabbit in a hole which it could not jump out of. A sly smirk crossed her maw as she raised herself up and walked up to the hole and tilted her head. "Not too smart are yah?" she mocked the rabbit as she made a flicking motion with her hoof and covered the hole. She stood there for a moment looking down at the ground waiting just a few moments before she would remove the dirt and began to eat her kill. Just as she was going to remove the dirt when she heard the sound of massive feet hitting the ground. It was very faint but she picked it up since it was so quiet.

Astryd stood up at her fullest height and looked around, she couldn't see anything but that didn't mean anything. Someone could easily be hiding now. But then she could see something, it was huge, or at least it looked large. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she tried to get a better sight but it was hard since as soon as she saw it, it seemed to almost disappear. Astryd stepped back slightly, if she was being hunted she was in trouble. She didn't have the energy to outrun anything currently. She really didn't want to leave since she had her dinner buried in the ground just in front of her.

Ginga

Staff member
Manfried_Scaled.png
He felt his breathe catch in his throat, the raw cold breath starting to chap his lips and dry his mouth. They were so close, he could smell the doe just ahead and something else.. Blood? His mind turned to confusion and doubt as the soft words of his brother fell on deaf ears. He had to find out what this scent was, why it was so sweet, what it was doing out here, and how was it able to kill something as a doe? All these questions ran through his mind as he ducked behind shrubbery and held his identity from the creature. His paws jolting from dart to plunge and then from plunge to diving behind things that would mask his speedy approach.

His breathe started puffing out in plums of fog that lifted into the air as he neared the prey. His jaws ready to clamp down and his claws aching to tear into the beast. Fog of the evening frosty air still clouded his vision from his target but he could see the shadow displayed like an 'Eat Me' sign. Quickly he dove under the last bush before pouncing into the clearing with the creature. Only it was a creature he wasn't expecting. His eyes adjusting just in time to shut his gaping maw before almost skidding into the female. He felt his body make every attempt to pull back before actually colliding with the female. The attempts being so fierce that his shoulders contorted and twisted up pulling the momentum into the and almost causing him to stand on his back two legs. Still with all his attempts his muzzle still barely booped the top of the young doe's head.

Speechless and still confused Manny began to flush with extreme embarrassment. "I..I..I.." He tried to speak but his heart began to patter in his chest and his body froze. His form still craning over hers like a possessive male yet with the flustered look he seemed almost docile. His mind ran a mile a minute, first her scent swarmed his brain with the sweet feminine appeal, her eyes were stunning and hard to look away from, and then when he did finally pull his eyes from hers she was beautiful beyond anything he'd ever seen. "I..I..I..." He mumbled still unable to communicate. His gentlemen manners trying to push through when his paws took three steps back, away from her.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

His brother surged forward, Einar's words falling on deaf ears as the chocolate frame of his brother surged forward ducking and hiding behind brush to hide from their prey, masked; mostly by the dry grass that accompanied them. But it was sound that frightened prey animals like deer, a bear might blow through his nostrils and come running at you ready to face his attackers, but a doe? She would run, as fast as her hooves could carry her into the safety of the trees where they would never be able to keep up with her. And if this creature was some type of a new find, the last thing he wanted was to lose it's trail due to Manny scaring it off into the woods. Earth laden ears fell back, tucking gently against the feathers that tied in behind his left ear propelling himself forward though at a much slower pace as he sought after his brother the skin at the bridge of his nose rising as his lips curled when Manny darted forward bolting out of the brush into the opening. Einar let a growl rumble from his chest using his rear legs to push himself faster in hopes that when Manny did send the animal into a bolt that he would be able to cut it off.

However, as they both exploded into the clearing they didn't come barreling upon a doe - but another wolf. Einar was able to control his movements, trotting off to one side to observe the scene as Manny flew forward, attempting to drop his hind end and come skidding to a halt so he didn't plow the poor woman over. Golden eyes watched wide as his brother did everything possible, but still bumped gently into the woman, and he couldn't help but laugh as his brother fell apart. "I..I..I.." he stayed there, frozen over the dame bumbling like an idiot looming over her like the brute he was, "I..I..I..."

Einar chuckled, large paws bringing his hulking frame over to his younger brother, his body moved in a sweeping motion as he would attempt to ram his shoulder into Manny's to promptly push him out of the way, plopping down upon his rump before the woman Einar gave a dip of his large head. "Please excuse my brother, are you alright?" he rumbled with a chuckle. "I tried to tell him not to come barreling in, but I promise he's harmless" he added tossing a smirk Manny's way, Stupid, but harmless. His golden eyes drifted back up to the woman getting a better look at her now that his brother wasn't looming over her like some kind of predator, she was stunning her pelt bathed in pastel pinks, and impressive set of ram horns upon her head that almost looked too heavy for her to be carrying around and a crown of feathers cascading down the back of her neck. "Name's Einar by the way - and the one who almost ran you over is Manfred" he mused,​

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
Her entire body was tense as she just kept her eyes in front of her, if she could at least get a head start then maybe she could run for a bit. But then again it wouldn't have been for very long, she could have maybe made it to the woods but then she would just end up falling down. Her ears were pinned back against her head as she slowly still stepped back her dark pink nose twitching as she tried to focus herself. It didn't take long till she has seen the massive figure coming at her. She flinched slightly as she hunkered down to the ground as quickly as she could but it wasn't fast enough. Tho lucky enough for her he seemed to have noticed that she wasn't whatever they whereafter and had only just barely tapped her on the head.

It made her shake her head slightly as she slowly rose back up and looked at the male that was now stammering in front of her. Did he have some sort of speech problem? Or was he rather shocked that what he jumped at was nothing more than a wolf? Either way, she turned her head slightly as she watched another massive brute come wandering up and she heard him laugh. Hmm seemed like these two were together, maybe some sort of friends or family. But as soon as he spoke she smiled softly, so they were brother, very interesting. They looked nothing alike but then again it was the same with her and Astra. "No harm it seems, so it is alright," she spoke as she kept her eyes on the larger male. Light mint eyes watched as the larger male sat down and spoke their names. So this one was Manfred, and the larger one was Einar. Interesting names to say the least.

"I am Astryd Velgerd, Pleasure to meet you. Tho it seems like your brother is broken or something" she looked at Manfred as she titled her head slightly. Her feathers fell to the side she titled her head. As she did so, she sat herself down and placed her long tail next to her to where it drapped in front of her feet.

Ginga

Staff member
Manfried_dea9fjq-c8d53779-da4b-48d4-9512-ab8d1f07e920.png
His body was easily pushed out of the way. His brother taking the spot light as he took his body away to shake out his fur. Manny felt like his face was on fire but with a few good breathes the feeling subsided a bit. She was beautiful that's for sure. He gave his brother a bit of a scold at the comments made to him and moved around the back end of the dame. His body finally coming down and returning to a more calm composure.

Manny turned around and wandered over to his brother's side. He was about to tell the tale of their adventures in the dry and cold nights before when the dame spoke. Her voice like a sweet melody his mother used to sing to him and his face seemed to get all flustered again. What was wrong with him? He coughed a bit but was cut by her words. His fur bristled slightly and that fluttery feeling turn to lightning in his belly. Broken? I'll show you broken. Manny took one look at his brother with a face that said 'Oh its war she wants?' And opened his muzzle when it should have remained shut.

"Well if beauty could kill, I think you'd have it under wraps. Unfortunately its merely a tool to snare the heart and coy the mind." He flicked his tail and half-smirked at the doe. "Though I did almost make a meal out of you.. Do all you family have these hooves for feet? I'll make a note of it and make sure not to hunt any sweetly smelling does." He wasn't finished but he liked the game and hoped she would have something witty to respond with.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

"No harm it seems, so it is alright," she commented gracefully, to which Einar dipped his head with a wide smile brimming across his maw, his gold eyes watching the beautiful damsel, flickering to the side as Manny made his way over to his side. After getting himself together, at least the best that he could. Einar tossed him a glance, that tried to say 'it's alright' but just as his eyes came to sweep back to the damsel before him, her words caught him off guard, "I am Astryd Velgerd, Pleasure to meet you. Tho it seems like your brother is broken or something" he couldn't help it, and he tried to bite his tongue, the laughter initially coming out in a rugged rumble within his chest before he allowed the chuckle to roll from his maw ears falling back head dropping down as he lifted his paws as if to try and muffle it for the sake of Manny's sanity. His bright eyes which were gleaming with amusement danced up to his brothers bright eyes ears falling slightly at what he came to find as his brothers expressions contorted. Einar's eyes narrowed slightly, 'Manny, don't' he thought. Don't, keep your mouth shut you big idi- "Well if beauty could kill, I think you'd have it under wraps. Unfortunately its merely a tool to snare the heart and coy the mind." anddd there he goes. The brute sighed, bringing his right paw to his muzzle wrapping it over the top of it.

"Though I did almost make a meal out of you.. Do all you family have these hooves for feet? I'll make a note of it and make sure not to hunt any sweetly smelling does." he gave his brother a sideways glance and a touch of a smirk "I'm afraid you've gotten his bun in a knot Astryd" half way he rolled up on his feet the close proximity ensuring he didn't need to get up all the way as he rolled his weight into Manny's shoulder and attempted to topple his brother over to bring them both to the ground awkwardly with Einar over top of him so he could attempt to pin the the smaller brute down and hopefully get his attention onto him instead of proceeding to insult their new ah...friend.​

Status
Not open for further replies.