Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

[AW] For Us All

All welcome thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbox

darrow5.png
The stocky wolf carried in his jaws a still twitching rabbit. Freshly caught, it was not meant for himself, which did not mean a better chance for the small prey to escape. It merely meant to prolong its end.

His intentions were to bring it home and offer it to Skoll. It had been nearly two weeks since his last sacrifice to the god, but almost as long since the last time he had been lucky enough to catch something to eat. The temptation to snap his jaws and devour the rabbit made his stomach growl and his brows to furrow in determined anguish not to fall prey to the weakness. After all, a sacrifice to Skoll meant more than just missing a meal. It meant the protection of his friends and family against the monstrosities lurking the mountains, the Vaesan. That was more important than any delicious, warm, tasty rabbit.

The one in question gave another jerk in his mouth, not yet ready to accept its fate, and Darrow growled deep in his throat. The rabbit twitched more rapidly despite the warning. Darrow's jaws tightened around it to see that it did not escape, and at last the smaller animal seemed to think better of itself and behave more properly, for it quit squirming as much.​

Ginga

Staff member
FemaleHeim.png

~Ima go and make a change. Maybe I'm just a little girl but a little girl with great big plans~
The morning was perfect. The sun was barely rising above the horizon and the brisk cold tickled her paws. She was off today to find the perfect offering like she did almost every resting day. She could feel the warmth of the den try to lull her back in and so with a soft huff at it's attempts she darted off. Gwin wanted to bring home something special for not just the offering but for Baer as well. Their life so far was still new and growing but she found herself wanting to impress him at every turn.

She spent most of the day looking for something she couldn't even decide on. She'd given a shiny rock two weeks ago and salmon were just not around this time of year. She huffed and plopped into a pile of soft moss and pine cones. She put her chin on her paws and almost looked like she was pouting form afar. What was she gonna do? She would give the gods the whole world if she could.. An idea sparked in her brain and she stood straight up and pranced around the moss, inspecting it. Yesss! She would pray for prosperity in her womb! A bright fire seemed to burst over her face when she really thought about it. She was going to ask for fertility with her partner. She wanted this to work so much that if she could have young maybe he wouldn't ever leave.. Gwin shook her head at the thought. He wouldn't do that.

Slowly she picked through the soft moss and combined the bits into a perfect little nest. A soft smile crept upon her lips before she nabbed it in her maw and darted through the foliage before her. As she did she burst right into Darrow. Her pelt barely missing him as she launched herself up and away from him in a swift and scared movement. A loud yelp echoed through the woods as her perfect little nest went flying and her body slammed into the ground just a few paces from him. "Oh praise.. I thought.." Gwin breathed out.

Foxbox

darrow5.png

He was only halfway paying attention to his surroundings as the rabbit began to kick out naughtily. Growing more frustrated with his sacrifice, Darrow gave it a proper stink eye as he continued walking, and was abruptly collided with something furry and much larger than a rabbit. The male and the other being jumped back immediately from each other. The fur on his neck bristled and he clenched down possessively on his prey which in turn squealed frightfully. Out of the corner of his eye he saw something falling but his focus was immediately drawn not to a what he had hit, but a who. It was Gwin, one of his fellows, and always a pleasant sight!

His body eased and the curled tail at his back swayed gently. With his mouth full, however, he could only give her an apologetic look and a muffled, "Ah-ree., In." His face turned toward the thing that had fallen. It looked like some kind of nest? He blinked at it, then back at Gwin with raised, knowing brows.

Ginga

Staff member
FemaleHeim.png
"I'm gonna go and live a crazy dream. Impossible as it may seem."
She stared dumbfounded at him and then to her nest on the ground. Her mind trying to pull itself back together from the fright she'd just put herself through. A streak of heat rushed to her face as she realized why he was giving her that look. He knew what she was up to and what that nest was for. Her face lowered a bit and she turned her eyes to the ground. "I am so embarrassed, Please pretend like you never saw this." She whined in a playful tone. Her ears sliding back and her eyes fluttered like a little girl.

Her eyes glanced back up at him briefly, meeting his gaze and then flickering back down. with a bit of effort she pulled her body up off the ground and scampered over to her nest. The little thing in disarray. With delicate movements she nursed the nest back into a good shape. "I um.. I was wondered because I am still without pups. Its been a good run so far but I don't want to disappoint." The spew from her mouth was unwarranted and unwanted. The flush in her eyes and cheeks now turning to hot flames as she recognized what she had just said. What was she thinking? This was another bachelor of the pack, one she respected an all but still.

"I uh.. I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that. I just have this problem with keeping my mouth shut." She mumbled all without looking at him again. Her hind legs bunching and getting ready to make a quick escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.