Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

[P] First day of my life

Private thread

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
The world slumbered still when Rúna rolled up into a seated position on her bed, letting her feet dangle just inches above the floor heels bumping gently against the old pine frame. She sat there for a moment, her gold eyes staring at her door while her mind reeled with ideas she had been pondering on since late last night. There was word - rumors dancing around the people of Heims of a cave tucked deep in the mountains that was lined with legends of powerful gems; walls lined with crystals and rare herbs. And she wanted to find it. She'd been lost in the bits and pieces of these stories, the chatter of hearsay, obsessing over them since they'd begun to surface. She could barely sleep last night, and so it had been decided. She nodded to herself, pushing off with her hands to slide off the bed and walked over to get dressed. Slipping her boots on and pulling the leather sleeves over her already wrapped arms. Fastening the belt around her waist, which held fathers dagger; that her brother Baer gave her in secret and a pouch to carry any small interesting finds. Before finally taking her cloak off the wall and pulling it over her head, and then grabbing her hair and dragging it out from under the cloak to lay messily against her back.

When she was ready; which took no more than a few minutes she left for the door opening it quietly and peeking her head out first, Heimdall was still in these dark early morning hours; the sun not yet breaking over the frigid mountain peaks. The only ones up should be the guards, and it also meant she would need to slip by Farkas unnoticed a task that always proved to be challenging, since father had deemed their family friend responsible for her; not Baer just - her. Since Baer was old enough to handle himself. The military leader had held true to his word; and watched the young Seer like a hawk all while still somehow maintaining his primary job of keeping their city safe. Rúna frowned at this, brows knitting together as she slipped from the door pulled the hood up over her head and left to go wake up Gwin; and since it was her brothers house she had no reason to knock.

She moved up the steps that creaked when weight was applied and slipped into the door quietly, content to find her brother wasn't home when she made her way to their room to find Gwin sleeping alone. The girl smirked before launching herself on top of her best friend "Gwin, wake up!" she prodded, giving her little time to react before she was rambling on about her plans for the day. "Come on! We're gonna go looking for the cave, you know...the one lined with treasure probably guarded by some horrid beast!" she exclaimed with a laugh.

Ginga

Staff member
She laid there half away, her bed seeming a bit cold and empty. She didn't have her eyes open but the missing weight of the bed told her he had gone. His presence in the room was missing and yet the sun had yet to rise. He was off on an adventure and she the doting wife was left at him to miss him. She rolled over onto her back and took in a deep breath to soothe the sorrows that seemed to slip in. This happened every time he left but it was his responsibility to his people. Gwin sighed and tried to go back to sleep, the void in her chest only seeming to keep her awake during the late hours. She didn't notice it at first but she drifted in an out of sleep all night long.

It wasn't until the soft creaking of the stairs that she came to. Was he back? she held completely still as the door opened. Her eyes shut but her body relaxed trying to convey she was sleeping. She wasn't sure it worked at first but the voice and the explosion of energy into her bed said it did. At first she didn't open her eyes, afraid they'd give away the disappointment that it wasn't him. Instead she pulled Runa in for a hug and whined into her shoulder.. "Runa.. Don't you know I don't get up before the sun does.." She whispered. Her eyes peeking open at her. Gwin swore the moment her eyes opened her friend went on a rampage about the venture they were about to take. "Runa.. Runa.. Its not our position to go out looking for treasure.. We are Seers. Not warriors." She cooed softly but started to sit up in her bed. Gwin knew she would not get out of this but she always wanted Runa to know that they were woman. Slowly he placed her hands on Runa's shoulders and pulled her in. "Just between you and me though.. Where is this treasure?" She smiled.

Last edited:

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
She smiled as her friend pulled her into a hug, unable to ignore the heat that flushed her cheeks from being close, she kept her face tucked against Gwins shoulder so that she could hide it. "Runa.. Don't you know I don't get up before the sun does.." she giggled, allowing her butterflies to simmer with the distraction, her mind bouncing back to the original task at hand. "Runa.. Runa.. Its not our position to go out looking for treasure.. We are Seers. Not warriors." she couldn't help but roll her eyes, shoulders slumping slightly at the words. "The warriors don't go looking for treasure either" she insisted, this could be something they could do. The job didn't belong to anyone.

She smiled in spite of Gwin's reminder. She heard it endlessly, 'a seer does not' 'a woman does not' she was a different kind of woman she could suppose and constantly chastised for it. Unlike the other Heims women who seemed to smile and nod and do as they were told. Runa however, never quite matured past the rebellious phases that some of the younger girls would go through until their studies and duties got in the way, it stuck with her. And she would rebel and run off every chance she got, truly a headache for her parents; and uncle Farkas. She was never outward enough with her bad behavior to warrant any kind of real punishment not yet anyway; and besides Seers were not so common. And the Heims kept them close. It provided Runa the wiggle room she needed to try and do as she pleased.

"Just between you and me though.. Where is this treasure?" her pupiless golden eyes danced to Gwin, brightening and smiling she straightened her posture a bit. "Well, from what I've gathered; it should be in a cave deep in the western pines..." she pondered for a moment, "No ones been able to reach it yet Gwin, we could be the first!" she exclaimed, clambering off of Gwins lap and off the bed gently tugging on her hand as she did to insist she get up, "Come on, we have to leave before the sun rises, or it'll be impossible to get out" her eyes flickered back to Gwin as she rummaged through her friends belongings to try and get a bag ready for their trip. " - No one can know what we're up to" she wanted the treasure to be theirs and theirs alone to find. Then maybe they'd be allowed to do more, if only they proved they could.

Ginga

Staff member
She gave a soft smile at the excitement in Runa's voice. All the beginning sorrows of the day seemed to melt away when her friend was around. She was grateful to have such a wonderful person in her life. Gwin sat and listened to her talk and wondered if it was just anyone she wanted to sneak past or a specific gentleman in question. She let it slide but she had a fear deep down that her friend would never find true happiness like she had. Qwin pulled her legs out form under the covers and placed her feet on the rug Baer had fashioned of a bearskin. The fur tickled her toes for a moment but she was preoccupied with what Runa was doing. "Third draw down." She muttered as she stood up. She figured she was looking for a bag and her leather one was in the third draw.

She night gown draped over her half see through, her arms stretching up and a yawn escaping her mouth. "I know.. I know.. " She groaned and sulked over to the water bin. Her hands sinking into the cool water. She pulled up a hand full and washed her face and giving her a good wake up. She then made her way back to the other side of the room where Runa was packing things for the trip. "There's two apples on the window." She mused, the memory of her trying to share a moment with her husband flashing through her mind but faded. She pulled out a white blouse, fur vest and leather pants before slipping into the washroom. "I'll be out in a moment."

After a good amount of time she came out with her hair pulled up into a loose bun, the blonde locks almost look like they would tumble out of their bonds at any moment. Quickly she darted to her sock drawer knowing Runa was being impatient with her for taking so long to get dressed. Her eyes darted to the window to catch the sun not yet peeking over the horizon. Quickly she tugged her socks on and slipped into her boots and heading for the door, but stopping with her hand around knob. Her ear pressed to the wood of the door listening. "All clear." She whispered and opened it for Runa to head out first and guide them.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
"Third draw down." she followed the words passively, opening the drawer and quickly finding the bag snatching it up she smiled over at Gwin who was finally dragging herself out of bed. Truly it had only been a few minutes, fifteen maybe since she'd gotten here, but she was excited and eager to get going. And she had no patience. She grabbed Gwins bag as she assured her that she knew not to open her mouth, and ignored her protests and groans as she packed their things. Enough for a day trip at least. "There's two apples on the window." she smiled, hurrying over to the window to retrieve them and tuck them securely into the bag before gathering some other items and eventually slinging it over her shoulder while Gwin was still finishing up, taking forever by Runa's standard too.

"Gwinn, come on!" she complained, not long before her friend obliged and headed to the door. Runa was beaming as she followed behind, watching intently as Gwin pressed herself against the door to listen for any of the guards.

"All clear." perfect. Runa was quick to take the lead as the door opened before her, and peeked her head out first just to be sure. Checking both directions before motioning Gwin onto follow her as her boots crunched gently against the freshly fallen snow, glancing back to Gwin with a whisper. "Hey, don't forget to cover the tracks behind us" this wasn't her first attempt, with each failure however she got even more crafty. The pair pressed on, checking around corners and buildings and occasionally slipping behind a house to hide as guards trudged past them, laughing quietly amongst themselves as they slipped away into the fading darkness of the morning, and eventually beyond the walls. A few nights prior she'd scouted out a place that would be easy for them to slip through, a small parting in the barrier where the wood had likely rotted away and left a sliver of space just enough to squeeze through. Although probably easier done for Runa than her taller counterpart.

From there, she continued to lead Gwin into the forest where any light from the rising sun felt as though it was being swallowed up, a blanket of fog hovering just around Runa's knees made the woods even more eerie, she tossed a smirk back to Gwin "You aren't scared are ya?" she teased.

The KrimsonWulf

Heimsdal entrance and inner ring
Farkas

The brisk morning came far to calmly, sitting up from his fur lined bedding, Farkas' large frame sat up quickly, heading to the bowl of cool water sitting at a table in the small home, a small hearth fire still clinging from the night previous. rinsing his face in the cool water, he quickly prepared for the day. gathering his tunic and pants, wrapping his legs for additional warmth, the boiled leather fitting just right, grabbing his fur lined vest, the last pieces of clothing being his belt, which carried, a long Seax, a large pouch, a gold engraved drinking horn and a hand carved Vicent war Horn, along with his large silver edged Sabre. a strap crossing his shoulder from the Scabbard itself. a relic blade of his younger years. finally Farkas had grabbed his cloak, before quickly heading into the snow covered town of Heimsdal. feeling hungers grip from the previous days lack of a meal. His first notion was to grab food, yet something felt off. Walking through the town, a group of guards began to pass, their shift coming to a close. as he went by one of the young men stopped calling out to their Commander," Hersir Feher, I have a report from the western wall. two figures were seen entering the western pines early this morning. we believed they could have been scouts, but did not want to send a party to search without your consent.," The tall mountain of a man sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before waiving his hand." I'll handle it myself, ensure the Huscarls and freemen are posted to their assigned locations. i have to see about our...Shadows."

Quickly Farkas began to make his way to the home of Gwin and Baer, knowing full well one of the figures or shadows had to have been Runa. Finding neither of the two, his frame barely fitting in the doorway of the home, Farkas began looking around to see if Runa may have been hiding. The only thing discovered, seemingly out of place was a note on the bed of Baer and Gwin that read" We have left for a cave in the Western Pines, don't be upset." A fire erupted in his bright blue eyes, the older man verbally sighing with agitation, stormed out of the house and began his departure out to the western gate, towards the direction of the Western pines pulling from his belt, a horn before blowing into the carved Vicent horn. the sound created a low unearthly bellow, known by warriors of the Heims as a call to arms, or to gather. upon blowing the horn, a large group of armed and armored warriors gathered in front of the Western Gates." Freemen shall watch this point with the gunners along this wall, huscarls of 20, men. come with me, we have two Seers to return home." the group roared in acceptance of their orders and quickly followed his Orders. moving to each of their respective positions, before opening the gates allowing the small war party through, sending them off with several horns with lighter tones.

Ginga

Staff member
She let Runa lead her, a soft smile on her lips. She knew they wouldnt get far. The note she'd secretly left easily on the bed Farkas would find and come for them. As they hid from the guard she almost gave them away with a giggle. Each attempt to get out now becoming a fun game for Gwin. She used to be afraid of Runa's tactics but when Farkas entered the picture and continuously came for them wherever Runa too them... Well it changed the fear of life. Runa mentioned the tracks and gwin nodded, her hands grabbing a branch and sweeping the boot marks away behind them.

Runa lead them to a small opening in the wall and Gwin looked around it for a moment. "I don't think ima fit.." She mumbled before lifting a leg through. Her leather caught on the edge of the stone and tore a bit. A soft squeal of terror piercing the quiet around them before she fumbled through and fell with her face in the dirt. "Runa.." She moaned and stood up, taking inventory of the damage. Other then a large tear in her leather pants nothing too bad. There was a white scrape over he calf but no blood. Tears came to her eyes rapidly and she looked from her pants to Runa.. "These were my favorite pair.." She choked out.

After a moment she pulled herself together and followed Runa's dark form into the woods. The woods were spooky during this hour and always drew fear into her heart. "Of course I am." She whispered to Runa's tease and clutched at her friends arm. Nestling her elbow into her chest for comfort. "I wouldn't be caught dead out here by myself.. We shouldn't even be out here Runa... What if a Vaesan is still lurking around.." She trembled at the realization be trusted Runa would keep them both safe.. At least until help arrived.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member
de8d1tb-bccd019a-9795-4220-8235-bcad6de1ac17.png

She couldn't help but laugh at Gwin's stumble through her insistence for her to be quiet. Bringing her finger to her lips "Shhh!" as she reached down to firmly grip around her friends arm to help get her back up. "These were my favorite pair.." she easily shrugged off Gwins concern for material items, "Oh don't give me that, you can fix em" Gwin had been more skilled in sewing and patching than Runa ever had been, she still snuck her things over to their house for repair rather than taking the time learning to do it herself, as the women of their people should. Runa glanced back as the pair made their way through the dark woods, nothing but the soft crunching of snow under their boots and the occasional call of animals, birds and other small critters alike in the forest, her warm breath creating mists in front of them. "Of course I am." she smirked, brows knitting together in a daring and mischievous fashion even as Gwin's fear became apparent and the woman clung onto her arm which made it difficult for her to move so freely. "I wouldn't be caught dead out here by myself.. We shouldn't even be out here Runa... What if a Vaesan is still lurking around.." The Vaesen? Oh forget about them, she wasn't afraid of no Vaesen. "You're not by yourself, you're with me" she stated matter-of-factly.

Their walking was soon brought to abrupt halt as Runa froze, golden eyes staring blankly into the trees as the distinct sound of her Uncle's horn bellowed over the silence. And her muscles drew cold, heart beginning to thrum wildly in her chest as she raised her head up to glance back at Gwin. "We gotta go" she snapped in a hurry reaching back to try and grab her friend by the wrist and bolt through snow laden grounds as best she could. Though it quickly became apparent that she wouldn't gain any ground like this. Her large boots caught and drug snow, making it difficult to move, drastically slowing her down causing her to stumble occasionally as she tried to lift her legs high. Chest rising and falling rapidly in an attempt to catch her breath and by the time she turned to meet Gwin's eyes; assuming the girl was still right on her heels Runa's eyes were already growing darker.

She knew she couldn't ask - wouldn't ask for Gwin's thoughts, she already knew how dangerous this was and that her loving friend would try to convince her not to. So she didn't say a word as pale skin and white hair gave way to fur and she dropped onto her knees, muscles contorting, bones bending fingers shaping into toes with pads and claws. And before long; she was looking up at Gwin, those same fire laden eyes of aurous. But a body adorned with thick layers of plush grey and white fur. Ears perked atop her head. Giving her friend only a moment to decide whether she would join her; or clamber upon her back like they'd done so many times before.

And then she bolted.

The KrimsonWulf

Entrance to the Western Pines
Farkas and war party

The loosely covered tracks trailed deeper into the woods, making a direct line to the two women. The trail leading deep into the dense forest. His massive frame dwarfing even his war party, his arm fanning outwards to signal a large search line. the men without question began moving, keeping on the alert for any creatures or shadows around them, moving on Farkas continued at a faster speed before noticing the size difference in what was left over from the footprints in the snow, meaning one thing to him. A vein began to bulger near his temple as a deep low growl escaped his lips. his eyes flashing gold for a moment, before he broke off into a dead sprint towards the two and their end goal."Runa. when i find you, I swear on your parents you will get water and bread for a week/"

Ginga

Staff member
The sound of the horn bought her ears up and her head to a tilt. He was a quick one that Farkas and he sounded to be right on their heels. A smile almost quirked at her lips but Gwin held it back. She would never want her friend to suspect her treachery. Runa as if on que snatched her wrist in her hand and raced off, leaving Gwin to trot behind her. "Speak of the Farkas and he appears..." She giggled into her hand. Runa kept going running faster now and it caused Gwin to lose the branch she was covering their tracks with. The sad lonely branch left in the snow behind them as they bolted.

She was keeping up but not easily in the snow and soon enough found herself face first in a big lump of snow. Her body panicking at the sudden cold that went down her shirt. She looked up and noticed Runa continuing to run and shouted to her.. "Don't leave me behind..." She whined and stood up. Her legs feeling the burn as she lifted them through the snow over and over again. When suddenly Runa stopped she was about to complain but was halted by the sudden shift in the air.

The look in her friends eyes said it all and it became real to Gwin. This wasn't a game anymore, as skin and hair turned to fur and claws.. She didn't know what to say. She wanted to reach out Runa but part of her told her no. No you will wait for Farkas to find you. The rule of shifting beaten into her head many times by her parents, by the clan. What Runa was doing was treason. It would cost them way more then just a slap on the wrist this time. Her eyes widened at her friend and for a moment she took a step back.. "Runa.." And then she was gone.

Gwin didn't know what to do.. Should she follow her? No.. Farkas will get her.. But.. Her eyes watched the wolf disappear into the trees and for a moment a bit of regret rushed into her. This was a chance she would never get again. Slowly she looked behind her, hearing the soldiers getting closer. The snow crunching in the distance and the seconds only put more space between herself and Runa..

Slowly she closed her eyes and smiled a gentle smile. Her skin too gave way to fur and bones bowed and flexed to make a giant grey wolf stand upon the hill. Her muzzle lifted into the sky to howl she was coming and her paws bolted into the snow after Runa. She darted through the thick wooded trees and let the feel of the woods wash over her. Her nostrils flaring to take in all the vibrant scents of the woods and her paws thundering in the snow. Quickly she was closing in on Runa and darted past her at top speed in an tempt to start a race. Her eyes glancing back to say.. Ill meet you there..

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

She heard the distant calls of Gwin, but she couldn't stop and turn around, she couldn't even wait for her. She had to keep moving, because she knew; knew she'd be dead meat, when if he ever caught up to them. When was more accurate, so she pressed forward, body stretching out in long strides that carried her gracefully through thick snow pack as the forest whizzed past her face. She bounded and leapt, weaving between tree trunks and over fallen logs as her heart thrummed, a pounding beast within her chest. Golden eyes set only forward her gray audits swinging about wildly on her head to listen for the sound of shuffling boots of the war party that was fading away behind her. She laughed, her ears drawing back once more as the familiar song touched the sky. Gwin. So she hadn't let them catch her, Runa smiled inside, wider now her muscles burning from the full sprint she was in kicking up snow until a form of grey was at her side. Runa grinned, playfully snapping her jaws in Gwins direction as the taller wolf zoomed in front of her. Runa was, just like in their human forms much smaller and stockier than Gwin made for long distance endurance while Gwin was leggier and much faster.

But she took the challenge in stride, pushing her body forward, willing it to go faster and faster. She was still no match for her friends speed, but she was having a blast regardless. Heart thundering, she hadn't felt this free in a long...long time. She yipped throwing her head back and appreciating the feeling of the wind whisking through her fur, lungs burning from the frigid air and her bright golden eyes longing for more, thoughts of the cave shoved to the back of her mind she ran without purpose or direction, somewhere hoping that Gwin was still keeping a sense of direction in mind while Runa reveled in her freedom.

But it was all bound to come crashing down at some point. She just didn't expect it to be them crashing their party, she'd thought it would be Farkas and his soldiers.

Enter Vaesen ─

The chilling scream silenced everything else and halted her thoughts and joy. Hushing all other creatures that froze with fear in their places, birds and critters scampering away into holes and dens for fear of their lives. The sound echoed through the trees ripped through her ear drums and sent a bone chilling cold all the way down her spine. All too familiar was the sound, and in shadow of the forest the darkness still lived enough to harbor them, the beasts that Farkas and his war party could not see until the demons revealed themselves, until they were nearly upon them. But the Vaesen weren't after Farkas, it was after...Gwin! her mind shouted the name. Runa felt her eyes tunnel vision caring less about herself and more about her friend she had put in direct danger. A sharp inhale through her nose as she pushed harder to try and catch up with her friend, whilst trying to section out the sounds of the beasts, impossible to see them yet ─ they were still too far away. They could only count the calls...and hope they were right. One. a pause, two...no three? they echoed, layering on top of each other.

The KrimsonWulf

Western Pines

The frozen air nipped at his nose and cheeks as the bone chilling howls erupted from north of the woods, He knew all too well what that sound was. The Vaesen were now awake, and Runa and Gwin were in danger, real danger. watching as time began to slow around him, Farkas grabbed his horn blowing three times to signal an emergency, it was all that could be done to pray to the gods for their protection. With a now angry growl, Farkas trudged on through the snow, controlling enough of his body to form a reverberating howl, to alert the girls to come to him. Meanwhile the war party began to keep their pace with the old warrior, the rattle of armor was only drown out by the heavy foot falls of the war party. The cold biting his lungs as Farkas began to see the small frame of Runa, even shifted it was easy to tell her apart. Knowing her since she was a Pup, her distinct coloring and slim frame, was always a stark contrast to her brother and parents.

The Vaesen~

From the hill, several creatures growled, forms of horned, bloodied creatures with long human esque features, contorted with sickening skeletal grins, elongated arms and legs. Bloody viscera dangled from their elk like antlers. their claws and bodies pale, seemingly decayed, with broken spears, arrowheads and shafts embedded in the older members of the group. To the Party, and Farkas all that is seen is the rapidly blinking forms of the creatures before they begin to appear. Closing distance quickly, their Skeletal maws opening releasing the foul stench of rotting flesh. their red eyes appearing seemingly behind trees , halfway up the trunks of the ancient pine trees, lurching closer and closer with each flash. The Largest of the group closing distance between Farkas and Runa, Seeming to focus on the young Wolf. its Screech echoing over the others. Its sickly pale skin and long bony claws, extended out to the young wolf as if to beckon her to her very own demise. A shrill shriek escaped its maw next, as it began to appear closer and closer. The stench growing stronger, before it stood tall, matching the height of several nearby pines and its High pitched call echoed through the pines. Its long twisted and gnarled fingers slowly extended out to grab the young woman, the steam from its now gaping Skeletal jaws, as visible as the creature itself.

Farkas~

Looking back to his Party,the closest Warrior, threw a spear towards the old warrior. With practiced ease, he caught the shaft of the weapon, before ejecting it farther to close distance, Hitting the creature in its Leg, forcing it to kneel and turn quickly, to see the Massive man barreling towards it, His sword drawn, the Glint of a blade flashed across the Face of Farkas, his eyes briefly falling upon a sight that enraged him even more, his Growls now audible for all to hear. The blade embedded into the large creatures back, could have only belonged to one man, that man being Runa's Father. His eyes flashed in color as a powerful swing, took one side of the creatures Antlers. As it shrieked out, its claws sunk into the old warriors shoulder, staining his white fur cloak, as he stood before the beast, Farkas pulled the creature close until they were face to face. The sick decaying features of the creature were only amplified by being so close, its Skeletal head gushing a blackened Ichor from the wound atop its head, pieces of flayed, decayed flesh barely clung to the bones of this aberration." I will not let you take her from me Beast. ill kill you where you stand." his tone was deep, reverberating through the beast. As its red eyes Narrowed it looked back to the War party, who began to group into teams of two as they fought the nearby Vaesen. The eldest creature removed its claws from Farkas' shoulder before shuttering away, howling to the others as three left, one had been dispatched. Farkas's eyes never left where he saw the Flashes of the beast." you...... I swear on my life I will put your head atop my Hearth!" looking back to the party, he motioned for the team to split up in finding Gwin, The others split further some taking the body back and the others protecting Runa and the now wounded Farkas.

Ginga

Staff member
Gwin took the freedom for all it was worth. Her eyes closing for a moment to take in the scents, tastes, and feel of the wild beast's amazing world. She felt the tingle of cold in her paws and felt the ground move beneath her. It was almost as if she too had become part of this mystical forest she'd dreamed about as a kid. Unlike Runa, Gwin was one to stick to the rules and kept her form well hidden under a pile of don't and dos. All of these feelings swarmed her thoughts as she left her friend behind in the snow drifts. Her wolf becoming free for the first time in an eternity and for the last time if she could help it, but it did feel so good. Gwin finally reached the hill to start climbing up to their destination when and eerie sound halted her steps.

Fear curled in her belly and her ears flipped down to shield the drums from the ear splitting sound. Her already hard beating heart sped up and her eyes widened in panic. Runa..? She thought quietly at first, her eyes looking for her friend but could not see her. Runa. She said a bit more panicky, taking a step forward in the snow away from the mountain's face. RUNA! She cried out in a series of whimpers and panic paw steps in the snow. Her body heaving with the terror of what she thought that sound was. Should she stay here? Should she run toward the scent of her friend? She paced in the snow until the scent of a creature drifted her way. Her eyes flashing in a second to the large black beaked creature. Gwin couldn't even believe what she was seeing. It was the first time she'd ever seen one up close and the stench of it alone told her the danger she was in. Yet her body stood frozen looking up at the black beast. She could hear in the distance a horn and fighting breaking out but her eyes were locked with the creatures. The black pools of emptiness staring back at her. She stood there terrified of its presence and unable to move.. Was this how she was going to die? Tears filled her eyes as images of her husband flashed across her vision and the unborn child she had wanted since she was a little girl.

~Vaesan

The Vaesan pulled away from the massive group of fighting men. Its prey sitting at the bottom of the mountain trailing about like a pup. Its beady eyes locking on to the target. Quickly it rushed through the trees at her. Its rotting body falling all around the trail it took to his prey. As it appeared beside her its body not mangled and broken flailed out to make itself look larger and more intimidating. It took a step towards the wolf and the wolf didn't move, a sort of growl rumbling from its chest. The Vaesan then reached out to take a hold of the wolf, its claws aiming to grasp the plush grey fur of its back and take in the life force of the creature.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

The stench, the sound a nightmare born into reality. And the sound of Farkas' horn; three calls through snow capped pines ─ became the knot which sealed it all together. Runa had never faced the Vaesen before, not really, she'd heard stories and watched battered, mangled soldiers limp back into the city, some times she'd observed them from the watch towers when she'd snuck away from class. But she wasn't a fully trained Seer yet, she wasn't the one they sent with war parties and hunting groups to ensure their safe return. Too young still for that kind of work. All at once, in a moment everything she was told was no longer words spun into tales by allies. It was real. Gold eyes danced frantically on the treeline as their numbers seemed to grow, glowing orbs peering back at her outlined by skeletal silhouettes draped in tattered flesh. Fear coiled her belly into a painful knot, threatening to cripple her body where she stood, the desire to crumple and cower before these beasts was overwhelming. But Runa was no coward, even as her ears fell she forced her shoulders to roll back tail stiffening in a rigid display that fell in line with her spine ready to defend Gwin. But when she glanced back - her friend was already gone. Panic swallowed her within a moment her tunnel vision increasing as the sound of her own heartbeat in her ears became all the more prevalent.

And she stood there...frozen and torn in half. Eyes darting at the sound of Farkas' howl, they danced from the Vaesen, and to where Gwin would have gone...then to Farkas and his men, and back again repeating the cycle at least twice. Her legs locked into place for several more moments of debate before she could convince them to work as they intended and close the gap between herself and Farkas, she hadn't quite reached him when she pivoted. Orbs of gold trailed the forms up the tree trunks. To her they were clear, not once did they shake or flicker, she'd had the phenomena explained to her several times but had no real concept of what the Vaesen looked like to the mass majority. Long dark tendrils extended out, and a whisper lived on the air between them. Even though her body instinctively stepped back as the beast stepped in, whether in shock or awe of the creature it was hard to say ─ Runa simply stared eyes following the outline of its lanky framework as the Vaesen straightened itself. It's loud screech falling upon deaf ears only remnants of her father in her minds eye as the creature reached out to grab her.

It was the sudden impact of the spear in the creatures leg, its gaze broken from her own that made Runa jolt from her haze. Her body flinching violently swiftly stumbling away from it trying to process what it was that just happened as Farkas' rage brought the world back to her. Another stumble to the side leaving her rump against the snow eyes drawing wide "I will not let you take her from me Beast. I'll kill you where you stand." the words hit heavy as Runa's body finally gave and shifted back pulling her cloak tighter over her shoulders as the beasts screams echoed over the trees as they fled to the safety of the darkness "You......I swear on my life I will put your head atop my Hearth!" she did not move from where she sat eyes cast down upon the snow "Uncle Farkas, I ─" but she would only turn up empty with things to say so she fell silent and instead; clambered to her feet and set her attention on the direction Gwin had gone. Assuming the...conversation that was sure to follow this adventure of hers would be better left for once they were back home.

Last edited:

The KrimsonWulf

Farkas-

His Breathing finally slowed, Showing each deliberate cloud escape his lips. Farkas' cloak fluttering to his side, his arm pointing up the snowy hill. as half of his party began their movement to intercept the additional Vaesen. The white cloaked party, heavily with the force of a raging blizzard, Began their ascent toward the plateau, the clash of equipment, followed by heavy boots rushing towards the sound of the Vaesen. Farkas turned, looking to his niece. His feet moving before any words could escape the old mans lips. a heavy hand gripping Runa's shoulder tight. "Not another word child , go home the Men will take you there and you will stay in the inner halls of the Iron fortress." Farkas' eyes betrayed his rough tone. the pain in his shoulder began to burn causing his arm to release its grip, motioning towards the Gates." Your Brother would never forgive me if I left your Sister out there. now go home, we will speak about this when I return." The soft warm cloak, made from the rare white Stag, now stained a deep red with the old mans blood, unlatched before it was quickly wrapped around Runa's small frame. Before long Farkas began to make his way up the hill, leaving the young Seer in the Charge of his men. blood droplets trailing from his arm, as the shrieks of the nearby Vaesen were drown out by the hard pants of frozen air hitting his lungs.

The War Party-

The four man team continued rushing up the hill seeing Gwin's, sunken, scared frame, Immediately circling the beaked creature, beginning to thrust and slash and stab into the beast, causing the others to fall back. The party making a physical wall between the Vaesen and Gwin. awaiting the Hersir. The beast breaking two spears of the three carried by the Huscarls. One of the men losing a hand in the process, his growl as blood spattered across the soft white snow, causing the injured man to step away from the fight, long enough to wrap the wound with a torn piece of his cloak, Looking up to see a now uncloaked Farkas, step into the fray, Sabre in hand slashing hard against the black beast, sinking the blade deep into its side, as it begins to writhe, snapping wildly, before finally succumbing to the spearmen. "Gwin, change back and head home, Runa is Safe, and remember, the ONLY reason you both lived today is because you have a level head, enough to leave a trail. This does not negate the trouble you find yourself in. now. return with the Huscarls before your Husband worries." with a hard tug, the sabre slipped free from the creature, whose stench was almost unbearable now that it was dead, black Ichor pouring from the wounds and its eyes, as its features began to sink and whither. Changing his focus to the man, now missing his hand, and half of his forearm. tightening the makeshift bandage to help stop the bleeding. Farkas motioned to the group to return. Calling out on his horn, that the party was to return, and all was safe.

Ginga

Staff member
War cries in the background seemed to halt the creature in its tracks and allowed for Gwin to finally break eye contact with it. Bodies seemed to move in-between her and the beast. All of her senses slowly returning to her along with a burst of adrenaline. The cold of the snow seeping into her paws and up her legs all in a split moment. The sound of the beast and clashing of swords and spears overwhelming her sensitive ears and the wretched smell permeated the whole place. It seemed like the world was in slow motion. The beast being impaled and slain right in front of her. Black blood coating the snow and some red blood too broke her small spirit.

The large wolf slunk into the back of the scene and cowered close to the ground in fear. Even when she was given orders she barely was able to form a cohesive thought. Her shaking body slinking across the ground and over to Runa. Timid paws making her wrap her giant wolf form around her now human friend. What was going to happen now? Home and then what? Small whimpers and trembling limbs moved along the trail to home, never leaving her friends side.