Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Current Season / Year: Summer 2021, Y1

Complete Endless Stranger [Levi/AW]

Complete thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
Long soft pink lynx-like ears swiveled on top of the head of the female as she carefully walked across the plains. It had been a while since she had eaten, she had followed a small herd of deer into the area but they had bolted when she stepped onto a stick and it cracked. Normally she was really good at hunting but she was tired which meant she wasn't as focused as normal. Her long tail dragged behind her as she stopped for a moment and looked around. It was so open, how could she have lost them? Oh well, she would eventually find another meal sometime today, even if it was just a rabbit. Astryd finally sat down and huffed as her ears flicked around her head. Light seafoam eyes still scanned the area, always keeping herself alert. Off in the distance, she could see a city, Interesting she thought as she titled her head slightly.

She hadn't come across a city, it was a new sight to her. That would be someplace to check out, after all, there had to be something there worth the investigation. Her attention once more was drawn back to the city, she wanted to go check it out but her stomach grumbled even louder. Letting out a whine she finally rose back to her feet and began to sniff into the air. Hopefully, she would pick up a scent quickly so she could ease her stomach. It didn't take long before she picked up the very faint scent of a rabbit. Well, it would do, for the time being, slowly she followed the scent to where she could see the long ears of the creature just sitting upon a mound of dirt. Ast slowly lowered her body down to the ground, long ears folded back against her feathered neck as she made her way close.

Carefully making sure to not kick or step on anything. Just as she got closer the rabbit perked its ears in her direction, this made her drop herself down to the ground. She began to hold her breath just incase, tho she only held it for just a few moments before slowly raising up her head to notice that the rabbit had disappeared down into his burrow. letting out a growl she snorted some as she walked over to the burrow and began to stomp on the ground. Dust and dirt flew up around her as she soon sat down and grumbled. Why was she having such a hard time getting something to eat? Was she seriously that hungry that she couldn't focus? No, that couldn't be it, she had been hungrier and had gotten food. Maybe she was just too distracted by the new lands that her brain was just not fully focused on getting a kill. Her long tail laid over the dirt mound.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

dbzadg9-662a6426-40e5-438a-89f8-8645e2575253.png

Levi Arkwright

He rose early, long limbs uncurling from beneath his chest and belly ears swiveling upright rising to his feet long tail draping behind him as his sash fell awkwardly, reaching behind to pull it so it would lay nicely upon his back. He sighed, stretching slightly, his rear legs extending out before golden eyes lifted to glance at the rays of sun breaking through the cracked window within his quarters. It shimmered against the split, glistening and threatening to blind him a bit before he turned his eyes away. Slowly he would leave his room, immediately making his way through the halls and up the stairs to where Aule's chamber was, he would peek his nose in slightly, checking on him. Ensuring he was alright and informing him that he would be going out for the day before slipping back out quietly and begin making his long descent down staircase after staircase. Some of them broken and crumbling, over run with plans and vines tangled around the stone and metal. Trees of various sizes grew throughout the city, some of them as colossal as the buildings, overtaking an entire side, the branches claiming balconies and breaking through windows and cracks in the cement. When he eventually made his way down and out of the building, traversing some large tree roots he would begin making his way from the city walls, dipping his head respectfully to those he would pass, although most of them looked upon his bland coat eyes filled with disgust and disarray, offended by his blank slate of fur which as he aged lost even the faintest glimmer of stars. His face stiffened as the morning brought forth more glares and nasty comments, doing what he could to ignore them as he walked.

And when he finally left the walls of the city, it was like a weight lifted from his shoulders. Like he could breath once more, for the space between Aule's tower and the edge of the city was only full of hatred and suffocation for someone like him. He would give a light shake of his head, making his way out into the open expanse of plains and rolling valleys that the Grunn claimed as their own homeland, bordering the Iron city. Thankfully he'd never had any sort of problems with the Grunn wolves, not nearly as possessive over their land it seemed as the Elivagar were.

He walked aimlessly almost, a sauntering motion as his long tail swayed to and fro behind him, allowing his head to fall slightly to the ground gold eyes set on the horizon although his mind was elsewhere. He sighed, until the flurry of dust and dirt caught his attention, he stiffened slightly if only on instinct as his yellow gaze rose. Falling upon a pale damsel, who seemed to be pouting over a dirt mound. Her colors far more striking than his own, a mane of feathers adorning the back of her neck and curled ram horns atop her skull. He strode closer, were those...hooves? Levi gave a small huff both curious of her unique footwork and a way to get her attention. Straightening as he approached, "I don't think it's going to come back out with you sitting there," he commented simply, motioning to the mound of dirt.

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd

Dule seafoam eyes dart over to the voice that had seemed to come out of nowhere. How had he appeared? She had just checked her surrounding? No matter, her eyes went down to the ground as he said something about how it wasn't going to come out with her sitting there. Good, I don't want it anyways she thought in her head as she narrowed her eyes at him slightly. "Who says I want it to come out?" her voice was a little harsh, not like she meant it to come out that way but it had. Quickly she turned her head away from the male and then looked to the side where she had seen the city. So had he come from the city? Did that mean that there were others hiding out there? Maybe her sister was there. No there was no way that she was hiding in the city. Her sister was too much of a social outcast to do that.

Her long tail flicked slightly as she shifted her hooves just slightly to be closer together. Ears still flicked on her head as she turned back to the male. He seemed to have two horns, one from the head as well as one from the nose. It was interesting, to say the least, but then again most thought she was interesting as well since she had hooves and feathers from her head/neck area. Tho when they saw her sister they were even more thrown off. Her sister was much more intricate than she was. But she hadn't seen her sister in a long time, after all, she had still not found her. But then again, she was sure her sister didn't want to be found. Especially after the treatment she had gotten from their mother when they were younger, it was one of the reasons why Astryd kept moving and searching all the lands she came across.

As she turned her head up towards the sky the jewelry that hung from the horns shimmered in the light as she lowered her head, her eyes went to the male again. "Are you from the city?" her voice was softer this time. her long tail moved slightly closer to her hooves, slightly covering them or at least hiding them behind the hair. The bead in the middle shimmered brightly as the sun shined in the sky

@Aistiva

Last edited:

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

Levi Arkwright

"Who says I want it to come out?" he frowned, catching the snap in her tone, but also noting how fast her gaze left his face as if...she was concerned with what his response might be to being met with such a tone. Levi gave a huff. "If you don't want it to come out, then why are you harassing it?" he mused, to the point and following suit his voice came off in an almost mimicking snap. Lips curling instinctively at the woman, although he would soon roll his shoulders, and straightening his neck as silence seemed to fall between them for a moment. "Are you from the city?" he frowned, brows knitting together at the abrupt question, why did she want to know? She was no Elivagar, that he'd never seen her around the city, and her pelt well it spoke for itself - not that his was ideal for one of his people. He huffed softly, ears drawing back as he almost contemplated whether or not he was even going to tell her. Or what he was going to tell her, her softer voice would not coax him. He never was one to give in easily to the charms of women. A gentle coo would not string the knowledge she wished to obtain from his tongue. "And why do you want to know where i'm from? Bold, aren't we?" he would say, raising a single brow his eyes spoke, what was her intent with knowledge of the city?

Levi gave a shake of his head, "Lets take a step back," he commented suddenly, the sharp sting of his words a biting contrast to her own soft tongue. "I'm Levi, who are you exactly?" he would ask, before lowering himself upon his haunches, long tail wrapping around his side, tilting his head slightly as he watched the girl, expectantly awaiting a response. He certainly wouldn't be giving her any information on the city, or even confirming that he was from there without knowing a bit about her first.

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
Her long ears flicked as she heard the male ask if she didn't want it then why was she harassing it. Looking down at the mound it did seem silly that she was still sitting upon the mound acting as if what she was doing was right. After all, she did know better, especially since if she really didn't want it then she would have kept moving. But instead, she decided to stay and act rather childish. Taking a deep breath she sighed some "I don't know." her voice was rather sheepish as she looked at the ground and slowly rose off the mound of dirt. Now she really felt embarrassed which was something that she rarely did feel. As she moved off the dirt she heard his question why she wanted to know where he was from. Taking a deep breath she spoke again "Just trying to figure out where I have ended up and hoping to find my sister"

She only wished to find her to see how she was doing. But then again maybe her sister is happy not being found. Letting out a soft whine she cleared her throat and licked her maw slightly, the very tip of her tongue was slightly forked and it was the same seafoam green that her hooves and eyes were. But it was when he said something about taking a step back and gave his name. Oh, how rude of her. She had asked a question that was rather personal before even giving her own name. "My apologies, My name is Astryd Velgerd" she sat down in the grass and laid her long tail next to her. Ears still flicked slightly as she picked up the sounds of birds fluttering in the air and chirping.

"I am trying to find my sister, Astra. She looks very similar to me only she is a dark purple and aqua color with feathered upon her hind and long dreadlocks with beads in them. she even has a set of hooves like me but her tail is long with a tuff of fur at the end" It was a long shot but maybe he had seen someone that looked like her in the area. Doubtful in the city since she knew her sister wasn't very social. Now she could feel some of the head feathered were slightly stuck together and were out of place. She lifted one of her hooves and began to push them down and into place. If there was one thing that bugged her it was when her feathers were messed up.

@Aistiva

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

Levi Arkwright

The girl looked down, her eyes casting upon the mound she perched atop. Levi looked on expectantly, but her answer was what he expected as a defeated sigh passed pale lips "I don't know." she murmured, he rose a single brow and bit back the temptation the follow with 'yeah, that's what I thought' but his face might of said the words for him if the girl was observant enough to catch the details within his calloused expression. "Just trying to figure out where I have ended up and hoping to find my sister" now this was something, something he might even be able to help her with. Of course he would not push his loyalty to the King aside or go out of his way in order to help a stranger, but - if he saw her sister or heard any word of her and happened to run into the dame again he would be obligated to pass the news on. He mulled over his thoughts not quite ready to dedicate himself to the cause as their conversation shifted. "My apologies, My name is Astryd Velgerd" gold eyes lifted, well at least it seemed as if she was coming around.

He nodded, allowing her to speak again before he'd chime back in. "I am trying to find my sister, Astra. She looks very similar to me only she is a dark purple and aqua color with feathered upon her hind and long dreadlocks with beads in them. she even has a set of hooves like me but her tail is long with a tuff of fur at the end" she seemed confident he would help her, and to be frank he didn't have it in him to outwardly deny her.

"Astryd then," he mused a natural dip of his head now that he was able to formally address her. "I can't say I've seen anyone like that, certainly not where I'm from but I can keep my eye out." the man assured her. "Where was it you saw her last? How long have you two been apart?" the inquire was gentle, a brief pause as the tip of his tail curled much like a feline might aimlessly raise and lower their tail when in thought. "These things will help, so I know where I might expect to find her" if there any sort of expectance to be had, if she'd seen her recently than she might not be too far, but if a marginal amount of time had passed....it could become more difficult. "And ─ I assure you, there's no way she's within that city, the Elivagar don't allow outsiders beyond their walls, you'll find guards at every corner." it was a start, process of elimination might help Astryd break down where her sister was, if she knew where she wasn't.

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
Her ears flicked slightly as she heard him say her name. How could she have been so forgetful and not introduce herself first? Was she really that scattered today? Her heart sunk slightly as he spoke about how he hadn't seen anyone like that recently but she soon smiled as she heard that he would keep an eye out for her tho. "I appreciate it Levi." But then the questions began to flood her head. How long had it been since she saw her sister, it had to be going on almost 3 years now. She lowered her head slightly as she sighed some "To be honest, I haven't seen my sister in almost 3 years". Her ears were now flat against her head resting back against her feathers. She felt so stupid for trying to locate her sister after so long but Astra was all she had left. Sure she still had Bjorn but he had a pack and a family.

After their mother chased her off Astryd felt like she should have stuck up for her sister and not just allowed Astra to be banished. Taking a deep breath she looked back at the male and smiled sweetly. "She is a rather secretive thing, some times I think I should just give up" the last little bit drifted off into a soft whisper as her head fell slightly. Astryd lifted up her head slightly as she heard him say that she wouldn't be near or in the city since the Elivagar didn't allow outsiders in the walls. Not like her sister would go there anyways, Astryd knew that. Astra hated other wolves, she didn't like the company of anyone but her brother and sister. It was just how Astra was. Astryd nodded her head "Noted" she spoke softly as she looked towards the horizon.

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

Levi Arkwright

"I appreciate it Levi." he only nodded, dipping his slender muzzle, but her language, the unspoken notions in the way her muscles shifted and breath passed her pale lips it changed into something solemn, or defeated. "To be honest, I haven't seen my sister in almost 3 years" slender audits would draw back slightly, angling against his head as the man frowned. That...did make things more difficult, his features stiffened slightly, not wanting to lie to the girl, there was a possibility that her sister was still alive and well. Drokai was a vast landscape, with much undiscovered terrain. But on the flip side, he couldn't deny that realistically her sister could be beyond finding. Maybe it was that she really was. Gone. The permanent kind, that you didn't return from. Or maybe it was just that she didn't want to be found, was she not looking for Astryd too? If not, why? Had something happened between them? Levi sighed, a gentle push of air through dark nostrils that would hardly be heard, it wasn't his business. They were strangers. Aureate gaze lifted to find mint pools before he murmured gently. "That does...complicate things." he agreed with his inward thoughts,

"She is a rather secretive thing, some times I think I should just give up" head would come to tilt ever so slightly as her voice fell like a whisper of wind brushing over his cheeks. "I don't think you should give up, but you should consider all the possibilities. And live your life whether you find your sister or not" he explained. "─ because you may not" he added after a short pause, allowing the weight of his statement to process, surely it was something she'd considered, but hearing it from someone else may add a new sense of weight to her already bleak situation. In his opinion, she should prepare for the worst, move on and face life without her, find acceptance in that and live happily. And should her sister ever return or be located, they could celebrate. There was just no sense in clinging onto the past when you have your whole life ahead of you. His eyes were, even if only slightly, apologetic for his words. There was a weight in his chest for having to deliver them, but didn't regret it. If it meant she may find the strength to stop obsessing and carry on, make new friends and build new family than it would be worth it. Even for a stranger he didn't like the idea of someone wasting their life tangled up in the hope they could chase down the past and bring it to the present. It would come willingly, or not at all.​

Last edited:

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
Astryd took a deep breath, she knew how much of a complicated thing it was to try to find someone that you hadn't seen in years. But her sister had been blamed for something that never happened. As she released the breath she heard the male say something about how she shouldn't give up but that she should consider all the possibilities. That was something that she had never really thought about too much. Sure she thought that her sister did this so that she could never be found, but then again their mother had made them believe that their brother was dead when he wasn't. So she wasn't able to make herself believe that her sister didn't want to be found. Astryd listened to the male as he spoke about how she should live her life even if she doesn't find her sister since maybe she would never find her. Ast had not wanted to think about the possibilities of not finding her sister, after all, she never gave up on their brother.

But maybe it was true, maybe her sister didn't want to be found. Tears began to fill her eyes slightly as shook her head attempting to shake the tears from her eyes. Soft pink ears flicked on her head as she began to think of not finding her sister. It was going to be rather difficult for her to come to terms with slowly giving up looking for her sister tho maybe she would casually just look for her instead of focusing all her time and energy on the matter. After all, she was sure that Astra knew how to take care of herself, after all, they were raised to take care of themselves at a young age. Tho Astra took to it a lot quicker than her or their brother. So maybe she would take this stranger's tip and just go on and live her life, tho she would never stop thinking about her sister.

"I don't want to give up, but deep down I know that she doesn't want to be found" a single tear rolled down her cheek as she lowered her head slightly. Astryd was still unsure of what she wanted to do but if she kept going the way that she was, she would soon wither away after all she hadn't eaten a decent meal in the last 2 years of searching. Not like anyone could really tell, she was a very slim figured creature anyways.

@Aistiva

Aistiva

The Dragon of Sol
Staff member

His ears drew back, sighing inwardly as the girls eyes started to glimmer with the threat of tears, honestly he wasn't good at dealing with the emotions of others, and he felt a familiar wave of uncertainty wash over him. A single ear curving back, as the girl attempted to shake off what she was feeling, and how he hoped she would. Not that he could blame her being upset that her sister had been missing for such a long time, and the good possibility that she may never find her again, or her sister could even be long dead and gone. It was upsetting, but they were strangers and he wasn't one to even console the one he considered a dear friend. He would lay down his life for his beloved king, but comfort him in times of distress? Well he didn't have the slightest clue how to do that. Levi gave another sigh, keeping himself planted where he'd chosen to sit and letting his gaze drift awkwardly upon their surroundings. "I don't want to give up, but deep down I know that she doesn't want to be found" he frowned, well that very well could be a possibility, but it wasn't his first thought. Assuming they had a good relationship, which it sounded like they did. Why would she not want to be found? No. His first and most prominent thought was that her sister had perished.

The man felt his jaw clenching, "...yes, I'm sure that's all it is..." he lied, unable to find her eyes as he said it he forced a small smile upon his slender maw. He shuffled, growing antsy and uncomfortable as it seemed their conversation was coming to a close, unsure what else to say, lest she call him out on his lying. "I think it's time I get going, but it was a pleasure Ms Astryd." he mused with a low rumble, dipping his head to her out of respect before he rose from his haunches, and set out; back to work.

-exit Levi-

Remycune

ast.png
Astryd Velgerd
Her feathers laid down a little flatter than normal, as did her ears. Astryd was upset with herself, how she had been so fixated on finding her sister that she had allowed herself to just ignore everything around her. Taking a deep breath she looked down to the ground, but then she turned her attention towards Levi who was still just before her. Now Astryd was very thankful for the advice from the male but it was still hard for her to deal with. She would still look for Astra but it wouldn't be like she had been, no she would lighten up. After all, she had been moving around and searching for family since she was a little over a year old. Maybe it really was time for her to focus on herself and not locating family members.

Astryd cleared her throat and watched the male carefully. It seemed like he was uneasy about the convo and where it had gone. Before she could say anything he said that he was going to take his leave and that it was a pleasure to meet her. She smiled softly as she nodded her head and watched the male walk off. "It was a pleasure Levi" her voice soft as she looked back towards where she came and then looked towards where she was going. Now she had to decide where she was going to go now, would she continue going the way she was, or would she change, and go another way. She got to her feet, sighing some as she looked around. Just maybe she would stay here in the plains for a little bit longer and get her barrings. After all, she still needed to eat and this was the best place to find smaller prey.

As she headed deeper into the plains she looked back to where Levi came from and smiled. One day she would venture to the city and see him again or at least she would try. For now, the plains would where she stayed for a little bit. Her tail dragged behind her as she moved through the grass sniffing and searching for something to eat.

-exit Astryd-

Status
Not open for further replies.